Casurf1978

Pink Panther remake

Came across the trailer for the remake of the Pink Panther. I love Steve Martin, but he aint Peter Sellers. Why cant they leave good enough alone. I dont think anyone could can approach the combo of Edwards and Sellers. From this trailer it looks like the movie blows.

http://movies.channel.aol.com/franchise/exclusives/pink_panther.adp

What's next a remake of Being There or Dr.Strangelove.:(

"There is a wilful lemming-like persistance in remaking past successes time after time. They can't make them as good as they are in our memories, but they go on doing them and each time it's a disaster. Why don't we remake some of our bad pictures - I'd love another shot at 'Roots of Heaven' - and make them good?"

- Director John Huston
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

The difference is subtlety. If SM does something funny, he exaggerates it. Kind of points it out.

PS style was more of the errant bumbler. He didn't draw attention to this mishaps because he was trying to avoid their discovery.

My fav scene. He has gotten all wet and is standing in a bathrobe, too close to a fan. There is a bzzzzt sound, he jumps back and tries to be nonchalant about it.

Another. When he accidently sets the office of his boss on fire and tries to hide it.