gixzig

just two quick questions

Ok I have two questions. I'll keep quick and simple.

1-Can you have a rigger change the battries in a cypress or do you have to send it in to have it done?

2-when buying a used rig how can you check if any safty updates or any other work has been required and if it has been done?

Riggers can change the batteries but have to send it in for its tests.

I pretty sure all mods or work would be noted on the packing data card. If not a rigger should be able to tell.
Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone!

I like to start my day off with a little Ray of Soulshine™!!

1-Can you have a rigger change the battries in a cypress or do you have to send it in to have it done?

Battery replacement is version-specific. Look here for complete information:

http://www.sskinc.com/

2-when buying a used rig how can you check if any safty updates or any other work has been required and if it has been done?

Go to the mfr's website and look for service bulletins (SBs). You'll need to know the equipment date of mfr (DOM) and/or serial number (SN). The SBs specify if the rigger who performs the work must record it on the data card and/or equipment itself.

If you're buying your first rig, now is a good time to establish a relationship with your local rigger. If you intend to do business with him or her in the future, it's appropriate to ask for advice while shopping. This is usually a great source of learning.

As above the modifications/service should be on the packing data card, but often those cards are lost, intentionally or otherwise, old ones not retained or work not recorded. I've had factories not record data on cards when it was sent with the rig specifically for that purpose.>:(

Best to look them up and have the rig inspected.

Airtec has never admitted that the Cypres II HAS a battery.;) For some reason they don't want to use the word battery. (last I looked) And the simple answer is that there are no field replacable batteries in a Cypres II. Routine battery change is done at maditory 4 year service interval at SSK in the U.S. If it dies in between service it's has to go to the service center.

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE