gixzig

Need some wisdom about the Icon i5 and tri 175

I was just wondering what some of the more experienced people here thought of or heard about Aerodyne's Icon Sport i5 container. I was thinking of buying one used as my first rig but just wanted to get some more opinions about it. Everyone at my Dz jumps either a mirage or vector so they all had little or nothing to say. I have already read the gear reviews here and they seemed ok , but like I said I was just looking for some more opinions on it. The rig I'm looking at has a tri 175 main and it would be my first 7 cell canopy. (I jump a saber 170 now.) Again the reviews seemed good but I really don't have the experience to truly understand the differences yet.
I started jumping last year and have a meager 50 jumps so far. 30 in the last two months.
I'm about 185lbs out the door.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks -Sean-

I have an Icon. I like it. I've got about 130 jumps on it so far. I've got a few jumps on a javelin in the past, that's pretty much my only reference.

The only bad thing I have to say about the Icon so far is the hook knife pocket located at the left leg strap. The knife started to wear the fabric, so I moved the knife to my chest strap instead.

I've had several delays on hop 'n pops too. I first thought pack volume was the issue, but then I got another canopy that packed a lot smaller and there was still some trouble. Maybe it's the pilot chute. It wasn't the loop though. It's not a problem if you're aware of it and got the altitude, but I almost cutaway the first time it happened. However, that might have something to do with my configuration and not with the Icon. I think my next harness will be an Icon too.