Daane

Az Weather

no not really.. this happens so rarely that its kind of cool... as long as it stops by Friday... of course it seems that ALOT of Arizonan's brains and driving skills are water soluble so i'm staying off the roads..... more idiots have tried to kill me today than in ten days of skydiving with 700 peeps at Eloy.... :S

Me too. But alas, there was more excitement during my expedition (verbatim e-mail description follows):

J:

I was out of town when you called on Sat. Solo climbed and hiked the Catalina Mountains in Arizona looking for ramhorn sheep - in the freakin' rain and with mini-waterfalls trying to hose me. Also got 'ambushed' by a 'marauding hoard' of javelinas - sixty to ninety pound rodents that look like pigs but have 2 inch incisors and a bad attitude. Probably smelled a half-eaten Luna bar I was carrying and like chocolate. Let's talk this week.

D

I've since learned that javelinas are _somewhat_ smaller than '90 lbs' - they looked like bears to me in the rain :D

D. James Nahikian
CHICAGO

Had better weather for most of the Holiday boogie than had been predicted, and it was much warmer than last year. So I'm happy! Although driving to the airport during Monday's downpour was less than fun. Those big trucks are serious spray-making machines when there's a lot of water on the road...