animalmthr

Altimaster N3

I just received my new altimaster N3 in the mail last week and im not impressed one bit.

There are no drill taps in the base to mount the unit securely. The only way to mount the altimeter is running the strap through the flimsy silicon cover. You wouldn't believe it but the unit ships with zip ties!! Im considering pulling the thing apart to see where I can drill my own holes.

Another thing that bothers me is the dodgy sealing job around the mini usb connector. How is this thing meant to be water resistant with the connector totally exposed??

Does anyone else have any glowing reports?

I'm sorry to hear that your not happy with your N3. I have a early production/prototype version and I did not note the discrepancies that you mentioned. I recommend that you contact Alti-2 and let them know your issues. I am positive they will address all of the issues you have and rectify them quickly.

Have you sent an e-mail or called Alti-2 yet?
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

The USB port is waterproof without a cover. I've gotten mine wet a few times, no problem. If you get dirt in there, just rinse it out, or blow it out with an air duster.
I also have mine externally mounted on my helmet using the zip ties and rubber casing that was included. I drilled 4 small holes to match the rubber casing, and one where the speaker is. Haven't had any problems with it at all.
Watch out for planters.

For what it's worth.
The silicon cover is strong enough to hold the N3.I am useing mine for about two months now and it is absolutly
solid.
I have mine on a muddmount and i don't take it off for packing so it gets moved and dragged around a lot but it doesn't give.So no worry's in that department;)

If people from Poland are called Poles, why aren't people from Holland called Holes???
My logbook