ubald

Wings W-7 size and spectre 135

Sunrise doesn't have a size chart on their Web site, but they do list a stock W8 for sale and claim that it fits a 150 main and 143 reserve. Better check with them to be sure, though. Keep in mind that they have a habit of claiming that their reserve containers will hold bigger canopies than can actually comfortably fit.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan

I tend to find that they fit exactly what they say they will. Mind you on the upper limits it generally takes a certain amount more care with the preparation of the reserve prior and during bagging to make sure that the end result fits nicely. There are many different ways to fold a canopy in preparation but I have only found a couple that i like to use with Wings. general rule of thumb I use is if I cant get my thumb/fore-finger very easily around the centre of the pack job between the slider grommets I start again. Also a fold that leaves plenty to fill the bottom corners on either side of the AAD is important. I see a lot of people that make a very 'square' end to the bag and ears who struggle to get the canopy to fit.

ymmv :)
I like my canopy...

...it lets me down.

I have a W5 that I normally have a Nitro 108 in. I recently got a Spectre 135 to wongsuit with and it is a tight fit in the W7....doable, but very tight (way tighter than the Nitro 107).....

I have a W-8 and wanted the container custom to fit my triathlon 135. It's not a perfect fit...more on the tight side. I def. wouldn't put a 150 in mine unless I wanted to cry on every pack job.

Hope that helps!
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

I have a W-5 and Spectre 135 / PD126R and it is a VERY tight fit.
Isn't that right, Gary73??
A Wings rep said I should have a W-7 at least!

Definitely! No wonder it was such a pain!

As for Wings containers in general, all I know is that I have a lot more trouble with them than with Vector, Javelin, or Dolphin. Maybe special, undocumented techniques are needed, but if so, then isn't that a design flaw in itself? Seems to me that a well-designed container is one that any rigger can easily pack the day he gets his temporary license.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan

Seems to me that a well-designed container is one that any rigger can easily pack the day he gets his temporary license.

no offense but that sounds like drawing the line at the lowest common denominator.....

of course that could be why McDonalds warn people their coffee is hot :ph34r:
I like my canopy...

...it lets me down.