Gato

Gatorz Converters - Need opinions.

Hey -

So my wife bought me a pair of Converters from Baddog Services back on my birthday in December. I love them - very comfortable, and I also dig the lenses that I got with them: classic gray, and gradient blue (my favorite).

A few weeks ago, I realize that it might be a good idea to have lenses that let people see my eyes, so I ordered a pair of Action Blue lenses for them at ActiveSportSunglasses.com. About 2 weeks later, my new lenses arrive, and when I go to put them in, they do go in, but as soon as I tried polishing the fingerprints off of them, one of them popped right out - something my other 2 sets NEVER do.

So I call Gatorz and send an email to customer service. Two days ago, I spoke to a guy in the warranty department, and he tells me to send in the lenses with my info, etc., so they can figure out if anything is cut incorrectly. I'm thinking that's ok, I can do that.

A half hour ago, a woman called (won't mention her name here) saying I should send in my lenses and my frames, because I might have the "old" style Converter, and the new lenses won't work with them if that's the case. And if they are the old style, what they usually recommend is that people upgrade to the newer style for $50 - essentially a rebuild fee. But she couldn't promise anything until she sees the frames.

While I don't like the idea of not being able to get extra replacement lenses for my Gatorz, I kind of feel like my specs would be held hostage or something. If it's a matter of paying $50 for a new frame, when I just got these and dropped $35 for the pop-out lenses.....shit, I don't know.

What would you do?

(Besides be a wiseass and tell me to get a pair of Flex-Z or Sorz - I have them already.) ;)
T.I.N.S.

I hate my Converters. I've about lost the lenses 4-5 times so far. My fit correctly and are snug but I've sill been on the plane and seen them slightly twisted in their frame and close to popping out of the frame. I wish I had got a different style or even brand. I lost the ear pads within the first 2 weeks of having the glasses, the replacement rubber pads they sent lasted 3 weeks so I peeled them off and threw them away.

If I had to do it again I's possibly look at Liquid Eyewear or something else since I am not impressed with my Converters at all.

I've got the Grey/Yellow lenses and found I never swap them. I leave the ones in and never change so having the Converter option is useless and only give an opportunity for the lenses to be damaged.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I have had a pair for about 3 years now i think. I use them just about all day every day. I have had the lens pop out when cleaning a number of times but never any other time. I have lost a couple of nose pieces however and they have replaced them for free no questions asked.

I seem to remember hearing something about a change in lens size... that would affect things.

hope that helps.
I like my canopy...

...it lets me down.