lightningbugirl

What is...

Say, "I love you, I just don't fuck-love you." Then sweep his leg and kick him while he's down.

Holy shit....I just spit all over the monitor. That has to be one of the funniest lines I've seen in a while.

ditto!

There are no easy ways out in that type of situation, honesty is always the best policy. I have always appreciated an honest answer to my face more than a BS line. Just say it like it is, that is not being mean.

Flying Hellfish #31
"I'm not allowed to talk about it till after the trial"
www.SkydiveTecumseh.com

What Goatboy said. Honesty is the best way and the whole "just good friends" thing is BS. The chances of staying as friendly as before are pretty non-existant, the ego is a tender thing. I've been on both sides of this situation a few times and an honest, upfront answer saves a lot of time and awkward situations in the long run. Besides guys are not as fragile as you might imagine. He'll get over it.

Just make sure that the rejection is not public to keep the humiliation factor to a minimum, over the phone is probably best.I would go for "I think that you are a nice person but I'm sorry, I don't feel the same way about you, that's just how it is".

All I can say about this situation is that more important than "letting him down easy" is that you act normal after you let him down. I've had a couple of good friends in the past where after a while I started to think "naughty" thoughts (B|) about them...and told them so. When they weren't feeling the same "naughtiness" that I was, I just said, "Hmph, well, that's cool...nevermind." And after an initial but brief bout of pissing and moaning to myself, it really didn't phase me too much 'cause I was like, well, at least she's a good friend! BUT THEN (and this happened twice in the past year) SHE got allllll weirded out and eventually couldn't even look me in the eye or hang out with me anymore. Damn these feelings of lust I keep developing! Damn them all to hell! >:( (<--Pseudo-melodrama)

Personally, I think that's just kinda of a dumb way to react. But that's just me. :P