Nightingale

has anyone heard of notebooks4free.com?? real? not?

my brother swears this site is for real. Claims he read about it in some computer magazine. I'm not sure whether to believe him, but I signed up for the AOL free music thing to give him a referral and figured I'd at least get some free tunes out of the deal. besides, he whined like a baby til I gave in. Does anyone know anybody who got a free laptop/ipod/whatever? Has anyone heard anything about this site, good or bad? I googled it, but only found advertisment links, not site reviews.

www.notebooks4free.com

Call me a cynic if you must, but if the '4' in place of 'for' in the title of the site doesn't stir up some action in the otherwise restful daily meetings of your brain's "Department of Bullshit Awareness", then maybe some incumbencies on the board need to be reconsidered.

Most of those sites aren't "free" they usually require you complete offers from other companys like applying for new credit cards or subscribing to BMG music or things like that. If you have a use for the products they require you to get to obtain their "free" item I would say it is worth it. I know for a fact a friend of mine got his ipod that way.

Greenie in training.

its the same concept as the freeipods.com thing, which is completely legitimate (my ipod is actually being delivered tomorrow, a few friends have theirs already). these 'free product' websites refer you to other companies, some for free trials, sometimes you have to purchase something through the company, but these companies give huge kickbacks on all the referrals. the freeipods website makes $200 per referral (AFTER the cost of sending out an ipod).

do a search for freeipods.com, there are a few articles out there explaining the process, and verifying their legitimacy.

-b
I'm not the percent you think survives,
I need sanctuary in the pages of this book...