doddy

GROUNDED

Hi all,

This has to be the worst start to the year! [:/]

I am currently doing my AFF and im up to stage 5, but last nite that came to a grinding halt when i slipped on the wet carpet that i had just cleaned the yogo off from my 2 yr old and re did an injury i first did at 14. (achilles tendon):(:(:(

So back to the crutches and reading all your fun stories of air time.:(

Sozzy for moping but i just cant belive i did such a spaz thing!!!

Any how i hope you all have a great time in the air and i'll let ya all know when im flying again.

By the way do any of you know where i can subscribe to any skydiving mags as we dont have them apart from the ASM here in australia?

Thanx and blue skies

Doddy B|

A man who views the world at 50, the same as he did when he was 20, has wasted 30 yrs of his life.

"Muhammad Ali"

but last nite that came to a grinding halt when i slipped on the wet carpet

Clearly someone needs to talk to USPA about the BSRs around wet carpet. B| (edit to add: oops, just read she's from Australia, well, okay, talk to whoever regulates the sport down under).

Sorry to hear you're down for the count. Best wishes for a quick recovery!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Australian Parachute Foundation & CASA are our regulators!

Dont know if they will do much about yogo and 2 yr old!!!;)

Any how keep the good sky stories coming i feel like im a granny coz i cant bloody walk:ph34r:

A man who views the world at 50, the same as he did when he was 20, has wasted 30 yrs of his life.

"Muhammad Ali"

G'day doddy,

Hope you get well soon. I am currently on crutches as well and will be one more month till I can get in the sky again as well. I would suggest contacting any of the friends you have already made and see if they can send you backissues of APF. Most people who have jumped for ages will have a stack at home that they dont ready regularly (but probably will want back). I can try to track some down and mail the ones I have to you (but only have 2-3).

You can order skydiving magazine (the thing that looks like a newspaper at the DZ) or the US equivilent of the ASM from the links below. International seems expensive but I have been thinking of ordering them since they are both monthly.

https://www.skydivingmagazine.com/orderfrm.htm

http://www.uspa.org/publications/index.htm

I wish you a quick recovery.

Gee to see a G'day in here is stange!

Thanks for the links, i jump at ngambie and they quite a few hanging around that i read, its almost impossible here to get good pics and stories on jumping, i have a few good issues now but any you want to pass on would be great! email me at [email protected].

Ah your from canberra, not a bad spot, to little for me and too close to little johnny!

"Muhammad Ali"

nurse it well (don't wanna reinjure it a THIRD time)... when i sprained my ankle (for like the 3,000th time) i kept current by watching videos & going over the diveflow in my head, even doing it on the floor :S sounds cheesey but it made me feel more comfortable! SPEEDY HEALING!

~hollywood

see the world! http://gorocketdog.blogspot.com