cloudseeker

Anyone from Alabama?

Born and raised in Alabama, in Huntsville to be exact, but now live in a small town 30 miles east of Birmingham and earn my living right here in Birmingham. I jump at Cullman, though not very often, I get out about once a month to jump and half the time or more, it's at a boogie somewhere... Monroe, GA and Moss Point, MS are two of my favorite out-of-state DZs.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I'm an AUBURN grad!! First time I set foot on campus, I decided that's where I was going to be the next four years - they were the best of my life!

I do love Alabama.

WAR EAGLE! B|

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

I did my first jump in Thomaston and LOVED it! The people there were awesome and really made me feel safe and informed. I don't know that much about Tuskegee but I have been wondering. As far as being a "snob" I don't see myself in much of a position to be a snob about anything yet. Also, there is a place here called Auburn Skydive...any idea where they are located? Can't get much info from them in a timely manner.

The journey of life is not to arrive at the grave in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways, totally worn out, screaming "Holy Crap!" what a ride!

I lived in Birmingham for a little over a year. I generally drove up to Cullamn, AL (beware the natives). :P

You absolutely can't miss the Mardi Gras Boogie put on by the folks down at Gold Coast/Moss Point. It's a drive, but for a three day it's totally worth it.
(for MGB info, talk to Kreg, aka n2skdvn)
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Could you possibly clear up if Mike Igo is going to have a Mardi Gras Boogie, please. I have heard speculation that he has been worn down with the weather for this time of year and has decided to NOT have one this year. So, any helpful info would be muchly appreciated. I too, try to never miss the Mardi Gras Boogie! Great times.
Unknowing attempting to take out all 4 wheeled vehicles remotely close to the landing area!

Could you possibly clear up if Mike Igo is going to have a Mardi Gras Boogie, please. I have heard speculation that he has been worn down with the weather for this time of year and has decided to NOT have one this year. So, any helpful info would be muchly appreciated. I too, try to never miss the Mardi Gras Boogie! Great times.

Gold Coast is having a Mini Mardi Gras Boogie (only four days) with $10 jumps on Feb. 3 (Thursday) through Feb. 6 (Sunday, Joe Cain Day)

There's a couple of threads in the events forum.
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1413373;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1444726;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread