Marz

Kite snowboarding/skiing?

Anyone here do it? It's pretty popular around where I live and I am taking a lesson in a couple of weeks. I've been flying stung/traction kites for the last few years and now I wanna move to the big boys club.

The guy I'm going to be learning from offers deals to his studens on new gear and I could pick up a complete 4-line 12 meter kite (inflatable) for $1000 CAD ($750 US).

Any thoughts?

Marz

:D is it cypress...cypryss ...cipress....ciepress.....

oh hell :P does it have a damned AAD???? :P

if not.......does your emergency procedures include... " screaming like a little girl "...... "messing yourself"..... or "having a damned good time?" ....... B|

is it the same basic design that the sail boarders use on the water?
Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

:D is it cypress...cypryss ...cipress....ciepress.....

oh hell :P does it have a damned AAD???? :P

if not.......does your emergency procedures include... " screaming like a little girl "...... "messing yourself"..... or "having a damned good time?" ....... B|

is it the same basic design that the sail boarders use on the water?
Roy

Doesn't have an AAD but the kites have an emergency cut-away system so you don't get dragged. The kite I would get is actually a kitesurfing kite and can be used on water.

I teach kitesurfing and know the IKO IE for kite snowboarding. Its really good fun and VERY fast if you get good :)
BUT... i would be very wary of using a kitesurfing kite, especially as a beginner. The reasons that they are so good on water can make them a nightmare on the snow unless they have the right mods done. If you know traction kites i would stick to them for a while - what do you have, flexi's or somesuch? Whatever you have is probably more than enough power to start with.

Imagine trying to land an LEI in powder snow when its dancing around and skidding across the surface with someone running around in snowboard boots trying to catch it!!!! Not fun. Some of the pros do use them but we are talking some serious experience levels here!

PM me if you would like more info and i can tell you what i know or give you the email address of my friend. But good luck tho ;)

Hope this helps

Dave
Never try to eat more than you can lift

the bestest activity besides skydiving...

have some Advance Kites... Thetis 4.4 and 7... Great to fly.

I don't like flying with control bars, more with traditional 4line handles. I also don't like inflatable kites, more ram-air...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM