boinky

DAMNED GROUNDHOG

From About.com:

from Caryn Solly, your Editor and Guide
Those of you who have been cursing the snow will not like what I have to report today. Out on Gobbler's Knob, groundhog Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow this morning. That's six more weeks of winter for those of us in the chillier parts of the U.S. Winter babies like myself love the idea of more icy days. If we don't get more snow, I can't go skiing. I just got a new coat I want to get more wear out of. Plus, frosty days are extra reasons to stay inside and stay warm with your Valentine.

Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

Shhh....we don't want to depress those Yankees by letting them know that WE are going to have good weather while they still have shitty weather. :)

Ahhhh, I LOVE spring....CRW season starts back...daffodils in bloom.....no more cold weather.

Life is good!!!!
Nina

What the hell would a Dayum Yankee Ground Hog know anyway. The True expert on this matter is our own General Beau Lee, Ph.D. who has predicted an Early Spring.

General Beau Lee, Ph.D. has been much more accurate over the years.

Exactly...never listen to a yankee groundhog.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

obviously groundhogs don't skydive.

Undoubtedly you are correct. I head for Deland and then Lake Wales for CRW camp this weekend. Here is the weather predictions:

Thu
Feb 3 Showers
76°/51° 50%
76 °F

Fri
Feb 4 Partly Cloudy
65°/43° 10%
65 °F

Sat
Feb 5 Partly Cloudy
68°/50° 0%
68 °F

Sun
Feb 6 Partly Cloudy
75°/53° 20%
75 °F

Of course, I go back to Georgia, and the weather goes back to 77 or so. What's up with THAT?
Nina

From About.com:

from Caryn Solly, your Editor and Guide
Those of you who have been cursing the snow will not like what I have to report today. Out on Gobbler's Knob, groundhog Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow this morning. That's six more weeks of winter for those of us in the chillier parts of the U.S. Winter babies like myself love the idea of more icy days. If we don't get more snow, I can't go skiing. I just got a new coat I want to get more wear out of. Plus, frosty days are extra reasons to stay inside and stay warm with your Valentine.

What does it mean if winter never quite bothered to start (like here in the NW?)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I'm not sure, but I don't think you're out of the woods yet, young lady.

I've just about given up hope of the resorts ever opening so I can go snowboarding. I wouldn't mind at least a little winter, at least in the mountains.

As long as it falls during the week and is immediately followed by clear skies so I can decide between skydiving and snowboarding on the weekends. :)

Au contriare (sp)

When I was at Bragg (82nd Airborne for those civilian types) my roomate had a groundhog as a pet and we made him a rig. that Groundhog had somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 jumps from the 2nd floor windows by the time I left.

I actually think he liked it, but it could have been the booze, I'm not quite sure. Anyway, ground hogs CAN skydive, or at least BASE.

:)

Scott