soulbabel

prices dropping in recession?

I wanted to buy a new canopy, but prices have gone up so much and so quickly, I think I'd rather wait on just getting a decently priced used one.

I was hoping others could offer opinions on whether it was a good time to buy a new canopy before prices went up further, or if I could expect prices to come down somewhat with the recession.

From a 'business' perspective, it's pretty rare to lower 'new item' prices as a result of hard economic times...tells people you were over charging before and pisses off people that bought the item at the earlier 'full' price.

Instead, most companies will offer incentives to buy that makes that 'set' price a better deal and keeps the company open and working.

USED stuff is a whole other story...!

Times are hard and with money being tight, people will let things go faster and cheaper than they would have during a more stable economy...as desperation looms it becomes more & more a buyers market, especially on non-essentials.

If you have a cash stash it's pretty easy to shop a deal these days. We bought two used cars (both blue convertibles) this month, both 2005's with extremely low miles that were garage queens people were willing to part with for WELL under blue book.

Shop around, don't be in a hurry...there are plenty of deals to be had right now, if it were me I'd be thinking 'barely used' instead of new. B|

Oh...and this is the very reason it's a good idea not to be 'credit poor' and instead, rat-hole money during good economic times.;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Prices have just gone up. i think you will see Icarus prices go up shortly, just a whisper i have heard, not sure it is going to happen though.
Aerodyne prices went up at the start of April, Wings prices went up as well.

Not sure what Recession you are talking about gear sales have been busier than ever the past three months.

If you are looking for a pilot or Safire 2 i can sort you out a good price. Send me a PM.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store