soarfree

Special lunch: Ash Wednesday & Chinese New Year

chicken (since its the Year of the Rooster) and Fish (no meat for Catholics on Ash Wednesday)

and ashes

:)

Fish isn't meat?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

not according to Catholics!

Hmmm we could SO easily get this moved.:D

Lessee -

But according to the ten commandments - you should not worship any idols other than God - sooo why do people pray to saints? Why do they build idols in their image and exactly how does it pass that they get more prayers per capita than God himself? HMMMMM?

Does that mean that catholocism has different commandments than anyone else?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Saints intercede on our behalf, so prayers to them are to be "passed along" to God... especially useful if there's a patron Saint of your particular request or blessing.

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Saints intercede on our behalf, so prayers to them are to be "passed along" to God... especially useful if there's a patron Saint of your particular request or blessing.

Must have misinterpreted that somewhere between "Thou shalt" and "Not"

From Catholic.com

Catholics use statues, paintings, and other artistic devices to recall the person or thing depicted. Just as it helps to remember one’s mother by looking at her photograph, so it helps to recall the example of the saints by looking at pictures of them. Catholics also use statues as teaching tools. In the early Church they were especially useful for the instruction of the illiterate. Many Protestants have pictures of Jesus and other Bible pictures in Sunday school for teaching children. Catholics also use statues to commemorate certain people and events, much as Protestant churches have three-dimensional nativity scenes at Christmas.

There's a good explanation of why catholics pray to saints here:

http://www.cin.org/users/james/files/praying.htm It's pretty long, so I'm not going to paste it all here.

Hey Sunny!

Happy Chinese New Year!

For those of you on the edge of your seats, the "special lunch" included smoked sausage pizza and deli sandwiches. Every since the Catholics bought us, this hospital has not been the same! :S

So I guess you win Sunny, not only did you guess the special, you ate it! ;)

Well behaved women rarely make history - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich