flycurt

The newest Extreme Sport

Click open the Picture below first:

Norwegian Kjell Petter Bruun practicing Tree-Ski-Jumping somewhere in southern Norway.
The unofficial Norwegian Tree-Ski-Jumping Championships are, hopefully, being organized for the second time in the Hallingskarvet wilderness area, some 200 kilometers (125 miles) west of Oslo, Saturday, March 5, 2005.
The jumpers will be aiming for the trees and the higher they land in the trees, the better their scores may be. The idea is to take flight from a mound of snow, fly through the air and land in a tree. To qualify as a completed jump, the skier has to hang onto the tree without falling to the ground.

Kjell Petter Bruun is the team captain of the newly formed Norgy team, "Team Ultra-Extremely Xtreme Ski"

Thanx for your kind words. That is a true story though, not a joke, I found in on AP. Oh, I made up the team name thing though.
Hopefully we'll see you and JJ again this year. Big Ways coming soon. I'm still undecided, I'm waiting for my wallet to tell it's okay to participate. CPC is keeping me quite busy now.
Hope to see ya'll here soon, and make some skyjumps with you, til then...

Curt

I have spent the last 34 years of my 37yr old life, avoiding trees and now we're going to aim for them:ph34r: