vortexr1

best gear 2 buy

Start with the REVIEWS tab above.
The rest of your question is actually pretty broad.
Most of the gear made today is very good, budget makes a big difference to the answers, as does whether you're buying new or used.
For a first rig and a newcomer to the sport, buying used is usually a prudent thing to consider.

looking to get my own gear,from suit to pack..Not sure what would be the best..What are some of the better brands out there? just gettin into sport and want alittle more knowledge.thanksB|

I would recommend finishing your aff before you buy anything. Not a knock against you but a lot of people who start do not finish and you don't want to waste your money. Plus the experience of aff and the people you will meet will guide you in the gear selection process.

I agree with Spot, read up on reviews and see who likes what and why.
Also try to test jump something you are interested in, then you will be able to gain your own knowledge about that particular setup. There are ways to demo gear at dz's, through gear stores and manufacturers. Keep in mind that what I or someone else likes you may not. Safety wise listen to your instructors.
Have fun,
Leszek