floridadiver81

Altering Jumpsuits

Hey everyone! I just bought a used jumpsuit from the classified and although it fits its just a little snug. Does anyone know of anyone that can alter a rw suit? I did a search but came up with nadda!
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye

One of our jumpers went to a regular dress maker and had her install a second zipper. In the summer he can use the original zipper, but after winter with the extra clothes he uses the new zipper that gives him an extra 2 inches. I'll try to get a picture this weekend.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

Im just going to contact bev suits about it. If i can get it altered relatively cheap then ill do that...if not ill sell it and get one that fits me better. Thanks though!
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye

Being in Florida, there are probably a bunch of people who can do it. Jumpsuit alterations and repair is a solid side business for a rigger. You might have to go down to Deland or something, but somewhere nearby is somebody that can help you. I'd say call around to a few DZs and see if they can give you a name.

I would try to avoid a non-skydiver however. A regular tailor or seamstress may not realize the abuse your jumpsuit will endure, and not use the right spec materials or thread for the job.