mr2mk1g

Mothers 60th - present ideas??

What does she like? Now that I'm getting, um, older, I begin to realize that older people still have individual tastes, and often more than enough "stuff."

So maybe an experience; a tandem, or tickets to a really good play that she and your dad would enjoy, or tickets plus dinner, or a promise of some Saturday antiquing with her darling son (or whatever other activity she enjoys).

Just remembering is important :)
Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I agree with Wendy. I think a promise of an afternoon spent just the two of you together doing something special would mean more to her than anything else.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

or tickets to a really good play

brilliant idea - she's always chastising my father that I'm always going to see plays and shakespeare and the like but that he never takes her.

The importance of being earnest starts at the end of the month - I'll take her to that if I can't come up with anything else before I go over.

cheers

another good idea is to get professional photos of the family done....depending on how many kids she has....getting nice photos of parents with the children is always a winner. We surprised my Mum on her 50th with some....and she still has them on her bookshelf, and desk at work (over 10 years ago).

Plays are good, opera, concert of her favourite performer from "back in the day"...
...culture is always a big hit.

Other than that - how about a weekend away from the hustle & bustle....a B&B in the country, or near a lake, or in the mountains. Does she enjoy nature walks, etc?

Sounds like you've got some good ideas started already, but just thought I'd throw some more at ya.

Good luck.

Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Kiwi, RB #926, AFF-I, FAA Snr. Rigger, RN/BSN/Paramedic