hairymango

Canopy Tracking Device

I don't think there is anything new on the market. There was a system called Paratelemetry, but their website doesnt even work anymore. Transmitters cost about 100 a piece and a tracking receiver was about 525. One receiver could be used to track any transmitter.

Apparently the cost of lost canopies couldn't warrant the investment. The system never got very popular.

This is an e-mail I got from the guy back in July

"Dear sir,
Thank you for your interest in ParaTelemetry products. The receiver is available from us. The price is $525 plus shipping. Transmitters may be stacked on different frequencies to eliminate confusion of signal.
What type of container systems are you using? Except for Javelins, all other installations need to be custom fitted. If you would like to discuss your specific application, please give us a call at xxx.
Best regards,
George Galloway
ParaTelemetry"

Let me know if you want to speak to him and I will PM his contact to you. As I understand that is essentially a Falcon tracking system adapted for parachutes, but there are others similar ones out there.
- It's okay to be happy to see me. Just because you're English doesn't mean you need to hide your emotions.
- I'm Irish. We let people know how we feel. Now fuck off.

Adam,

I did quite a bit of research on this a few months ago after packing my DZO a cutaway (:$). It took over a week of searching in swampy woods to find the main.

The falconry systems that the previous poster mentioned might work well because of their size and ease of use, but the cost is prohibitive. A beacon and receiver pair was over $1000. YMMV.

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.

Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Did you contact them already? It seems like they would make a few changes to order.
By the way, I have tried to contact Mr Galloway several times last summer and NEVER got a word from him... This kind of customer service have decided where I'm shopping for my next tandem canopies... >:(

No Drogue, no JUMP!!