SpeedRacer

what do you all think of Elvis?

I think there's been a lot of Elvis movies on AMC today as well.

I think Elvis created an empire but he wasn't actually that talented, he just happened to hit at exactly the right time.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

When I was a little girl I wanted to marry two men.

One being my father

Two ...none other than Elvis (the young Elvis!)

I was absolutley crushed when my mother told me that Elvis was dead. I didn't understand why he was on movies if he was gone...

and then she had to break my heart and tell me my dad was already married to my mom!!! I was so mad at her lol...
ahh the good old days

Ibelieve a lot of people nowadays do not appreciate wht Elvis did, and take a lot of it for granted.

He was an AMAZING vocalist. Even at the depth of all his problems, his voice never failed. All those "American Idol" wussies can kiss his ass forever.

Everyone who knew him said he was a great guy personally. All the campy crap was just what got attached to him after he changed the world.

Nowadays we take what he did for granted. Just like when we see modern day comedians, we now take what Lenny Bruce did for granted.

And the other thing is, that Elvis was a major landmark in American music. Many musicians, American & otherwise, took their inspiration from him.

We get into a lotta shit over in Speakers Corner, but in spite of all the political disagreements about America, there is one thing that redeems us in the eyes of the world. It is American music.

There has never been anything like what America contributed to the world of music.

:)
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

When I was a little girl I wanted to marry two men.

One being my father

Two ...none other than Elvis (the young Elvis!)

I was absolutley crushed when my mother told me that Elvis was dead. I didn't understand why he was on movies if he was gone...

and then she had to break my heart and tell me my dad was already married to my mom!!! I was so mad at her lol...
ahh the good old days

Whoa! I had a very similar experience! I was in love wither Superman and Elvis. I used to daydream about them breaking my window and stealing me away from home and makin me their bride....yeah both of em. :o:)

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

hehe that is so funny, I was crushing on the man faster than a speeding bullet too ;)

Wasn't he sooooo damn handsome back then? *sigh*

He had that kind of hard square face with a gentle look in his eyes and that smile! WOW, that smile.

:$

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

He, along with Jim Morrison, front a great band:

Lead Guitar: Jimi Hendrix
Rhythm Guitar: Kurt Cobain
Bassist: Cliff Burton
Drums: Keith Moon
Backup Vocalist: Janis Joplin

(Being the huge Nirvana fan I am I can't believe I'm about to say this.)

Kurt Cobain was not that great of a guitarist. The only thing that he was really talented at was writing lyrics that spoke of deep, private issues without ever really saying a word. He opened his life to the world in just the right way that no one would have a clue what he was actually talking about.

------

I am in love with Elvis to this day! I think he was very talented. He never had the advantages that artists today have with technology (ever heard of autotune?). I've heard scratch recordings of just his singing, and he is amazing.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" ~Adam Savage