Shotgun

Other People's Stories

It's funny how you can know someone for a while without really knowing their "story"... There is this guy, Paul, who has been helping to teach the Anatomy & Physiology class that I've been in this semester... and he's helped me a lot, but I never had much time to talk to him... Anyhow, the other day I got a chance to hear his "story"... and it turns out that he comes from a headhunter/cannibal tribe, the Dyaks of Borneo, and that he has a human skull that he is keeping to give to his future mother-in-law in exchange for her daughter, and many other things...

There is so much more to his story, but it just got me to thinking about how everyone has such interesting stories about their lives, yet we seldom have time to hear them...

So would anyone like to share their "story"?

although sharing the story of my life can be interesting and boring... I don't think this is the right avenue to tell it... it is intriguing when people open themselves up to you and share they're life.

i.e give a little bit of themselves to you... it is, in my mind, a great treasure... B|
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

um ... you sure he's not just messing with you?

99.999% sure. ;) I'm one of the most skeptical people in the world, but I'd have to say that I'm pretty damn sure he wasn't just messing with me (after hearing his story and seeing some of the things he had).

Hmm. Interesting stuff. Am I th only one who thinks that this is a guy for whom anatomy and physiology would have logical and practical implications for his return to Borneo? I mean, it seems that if the superior colliculus is the tastiest morsel, that guy would be able to identify it!

Or find it ironic that dead heads are given as dowry to mothers-in-law?

My wife is hotter than your wife.

His adopted parents (of the "white spirits") did have issues with bringing him to the States... and he had to grow up with racial issues for most of his life... I believe he was even the first person from Borneo to ever become a U.S. citizen... so that is a bit of adversity that most of us have never had to overcome....