jumpflorida

Need line set for military canopy MT1-S

Why?

Are the existing lines worn out, or non-existent?

If you bought two surplus canopies and they don't have lines on them, there may be a good reason for that.

It could be that the military took them out of service because they're worn out, and they cut the lines off to keep anyone else from jumping non-serviceable gear.

They both have bright white lines that are cut a couple of feet below the canopy attaching points. The lines are still somewhat loose at the canopy attachment points (french locking knots) suggesting that they have never been jumped on the line sets they have. Also the condition of the fabric has suggested that minimal use/packing has occurred (according to my rigger).

Thanks for your concern. Can you be of any additional assistance?

Hey, Sorry to bring alive the old thread...

I've seen that too - I was digging through a surplus auction here and they had a bunch of T10's and T10Rs that couldn't have been more than 10 years old.... Ah, government waste... :)
So, I'm getting ready to help with a rigging course, and I'm looking for a few bellywarts in packable condition, something to let the rigglets practice on. I know that that shit falls off the truck sometimes without the lines cut, does anyone know a military surplus store with those connections?

=========Shaun ==========