mailin

Who's at Cross Keys?

*thought this would get good exposure in this forum*

I'm trying to decide if I'm going to make the trip down to NJ this weekend. This makes the 6th straight weekend of rain/clouds and I want to jump. Sunday looks like a break in the yucky weather for central/southern NJ.

I haven't been to a DZ without a friend or a set criteria (such as student jumps) yet and I'm a little bit nervous about going, cause I don't know anyone there :$:)

So, if you jump at Cross Keys, or know of some cool (RW ;)) folks that are there, can you let me know?

I'm going to be there alone and want to make sure the trip will be worth the 4+ hour drive. I hate spending a day at a DZ without someone to jump with...

Thanks!

Jen
Arianna Frances

I am thinking about going to X-Keys this weekend. I am starting on my cross countrytrip friday and since X-Keys is my home DZ I might was well start off there. It's always a great time and the people are great. Even if it rains all weekend, you can still expect to make friends, party and have a great time. Maybe I will see you there.

The weather report doesn't look great, but it hasn't for quite a while. They have predicted thunderstorms all day on 4 occasions this season and been absolutely wrong all 4 times.

I don't do rw, but there are plenty of "those people" at crosskeys. You should be able to find plenty of people there to jump with. I am not sure who will be organizing flat flyers this weekend, but there is usually someone.

Methane Freefly - got stink?

.....and want to make sure the trip will be worth the 4+ hour drive

i drove 14+ hours to get there (about 950 miles!) for 3 jumps, 2 days of rain and one of high winds. still had fun, it's an awesome place. i'll definitely go back, but probably not for the season opener.
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

Mailin, Plenty of rw, cool and otherwise, people at Cross Keys. Just tell manifest when you check in.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, Shouting "...holy shit...what a ride!"

Actually Steve is THE person to talk to about RW jumps here at CK. You know those old guys...nothing better to do all day than sit at the DZ. ;) Really though, he's a great guy to jump with

I turn 30 B| in a few days so I guess this will be my b'day weekend. I'll probably stop by even if the weather isn't jumpable, just to hang out and drown my twenties. And if that doesn't happen I always have next weekend...there's gotta be something good about having a b'day mid week!

There are always people at CK and I don't know about other DZs but here you don't need to know anyone. Its a great place and no doubt you'll have a blast.

BettyAnn

Getting married? Check out my website!