BeattheDrums

Fun on Airlines

Is this the TSA advisory

Yes, that's what I have (whatever you call it). AndyMan has also posted a link to another letter on the subject.
--------------
We were not born to fly. And all we can do is to try not to fall...

Walking onto a Southwest Airlines jet -
Carrying my rig - the guy behind me asks - "Do you know something i don't?"
I say in as serious tone as I can muster - "Yeah - The Pilot"

as i step to the left . . . into the seating area - the guy just looks and laughs - and turns left into the cockpit. . . :$
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Walking onto a Southwest Airlines jet -
Carrying my rig - the guy behind me asks - "Do you know something i don't?"
I say in as serious tone as I can muster - "Yeah - The Pilot"

as i step to the left . . . into the seating area - the guy just looks and laughs - and turns left into the cockpit. . . :$

haha! Nice! :D
~skysprite

I'm really not looking forward to five commerical flights with a rig in the USA inside of a week in August. I really don't expect sense from the TSA...

...ah well, maybe I should go find myself a rigger in Ireland so I can get the reserve repacked when I get there :S.

A not so fun story...

Was on a flight to B.C.- 767 I recall it was- we push back and begin to taxi. After about three minutes, the left engine shuts down. Plane stops and pilot restarts the engine. Thirty seconds... left engine shuts down again. Pilot taxis to the de ice area (this is spring- de ice area is not in use) stops and retarts the engine. Thirty seconds... it quits again. This happened three more times. About then, at the time I was about to flag down a crew member and advise them to ask the captain to recall how many strikes are allowed in baseball, and how much more serious the game he plays is- el capitan comes on the radio and we taxi back to the gate to 'close a valve'. I guess that was the issue because half an hour later we were taxiing back out and departed just fine. Man would I have been irate if he tried to go the first time- the most comforting part of riding backseat is knowing that the captain is the first to arrive at his crash site, and thus usually makes the right call.

On a side note... I was travelling with a rig at the time- I've never thus far had issues with security- they usually ask while pointing at the Cypres "Does this have the compressed air in it?" And I say "No... this system doesn't have any compressed air in it" and they say "Okay then"