jrcolo

All around jumpsuit??

Sure, you *can* and the better way to do that is with a FF suit that has grippers; however, you really would be better off simply dressing for success with the correct jumpsuit for the correct jump.

When you learn center point turns and wear booties, you'll get it. When you try to FF in that same bootie-suit, you'll get it.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

When you learn center point turns and wear booties, you'll get it. When you try to FF in that same bootie-suit, you'll get it.

Now THAT is a great mental image. Thanks for that. :D

To the OP, yep, a freefly suit will be more versatile overall. But if you want to fly on your belly, you'll really want a suit with booties and grippers. They help TREMENDOUSLY.

You can make it work the other way - I personally have been freeflying in jeans and a t-shirt for the last 2 years. My belly suit gets a lot of time in the sky, too. But now that I've moved to a colder climate, I've finally gotten a freefly suit.

Still, if you're looking to save cash and do a bit of everything, I'd recommend the freefly suit. But start putting some cash away for an RW suit - if you decide you like belly-flying, you'll want it sooner than later.
Signatures are the new black.

http://www.square1.com/manufacturers/square1/p1536.asp#SquareOneFreeflySuits

I purchased this as my beginning suit. It worked well for Belly and FF. Its kinda baggy so you can stack on the layers.

BTW, i also have a BEV custom suit. But if the mood suits me i will fly belly in the FF suit.

Hope that helps.

Another one you might want to check out is the Deepseed freefly suit with mini grips. In theory you should be able to freefly and belly in this suit. I got mine in a few weeks ago and it's excellent quality and flies great on the belly. I haven't been able to try to FF in it yet as I haven't learned and have injured myself, but look forward to getting the chance next year. Anyways, just my .02.
Take risks not to to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping.