fool

changing turn signals on my bike...

I bought some new signals for my sporster, but they're dual filament, and the originals are single filament. Anyone know what I have to do to make them work as they should, or possibly add the brakelight to them as well?

S.E.X. party #1

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "f*#k, what a ride".

does the duel filament have two posts on the bottom vs. one on a single filament?

if you don't want both the filaments to work and it has two posts then tape one of the posts off.

if you want them to be used as a running light also then the socket has to be set up with all three wires, one for the running light one for the turn and the ground.

it might be easier to take them back and buy some single filament bulbs.

There's no "I" in team. Yeah, but there's an "I" in Intercourse

it has two posts, and only two wires.. I assumed the ground would be through the mount. I would think there would be a way to wire it up to work, I was just wondering if anyone here knew what that way is. It'd be easier than figureing it out myself. I had them so that both filaments were functioning as turn signals... they worked fine when the bike wasn't running, but then stopped flashing when I started it.
Oh, and I tried only using one of the wires, and they wouldn't flash.

S.E.X. party #1

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "f*#k, what a ride".

I Imagine what youve got are running lights along with the signal indicator

So Earth to the chassis , one wire to turn signal module, the other wire to the accesory, hot when ignition on take off

Or if you don't want running lights just leave one wire off ( on a double fillament bulb the higher wattage should be turn signal)

edit: spelling

Gone fishing

I've tried leaving one wire off, and neither filament would flash. I also tried tieing the second line into the running light, and the flasher didn't flash then either. I'm going to go play around with it some more, hopefully I can work something out... I'm thinking I might need a load equalizer or balancer or whatever...

S.E.X. party #1