Deleted

Tattoos to consider

A few of you have mentioned that you are seeking tattoo designs. Well, there is a jumpsuit maker in NZ who has a gorgeous tribal design of a freeflyer/headdown. (If anyone wants his info, contact me through email, or private message. I can vouch for his quality, price, and timely turn-around. He is as good as any "big" name out there - if not better, and with the low NZ$$ rate at the moment, his prices are unmatched. If you're in the market for a new suit (whatever style, he makes 'em all!), you can't go wrong with the Flying Maori!)
I just thought that some of you might want to consider this for a tattoo!B|(-or at least it might inspire some of the freelance artists out there!:)This is a registered trademark of a business, but I am sure there would be a bit of consideration given considering it is free advertising after all!!!!!
Enjoy!
Arohanui,
B:P
NZPF A-2584

propblast,
freag! i forgot. man, it was way too cold out there today, didnt even think to ask stac to snap a pic of it. Besides, she was gracious enough to let us borrow her camera to take some pics of the drill. Thanks stac! THe drill went great, as usual XKeys was wonderful to us :) I got to climb a really tall (to me!) tree and 'rescue' a patient. then i got to be the patient. Oh man, the view was pretty cool too. Got to see a couple of different jumpers land after exiting the steerman biplane, which means i musta been up there a while cause it only carrys the pilot and one passenger. But it didnt feel like it. I think that ive found a new sport. And ya know, there are actually rescue teams that do this for a living! It was just really cool climbing the tree and having to do all that work. At one point i had to hang on by just my arms and lift myself up 3 branches, about 7 feet, cause there wasnt a branch to put my feet on. Its just something about playing with the big boys, and being a girl. I dont know. But in any case, it was awesome. I just sat up there, laying back on a branch wiht no worries. Not even holding on wiht my hands. I totally trusted my ground support crew and that helped a lot. The scariest part? had to be when i had to go from one tree hugger (thats what i call them. dont know the real name) harnes to another. Carabeeners all over the place, ropes all around me.
The mini ride down from the treetop was pretty cool too. I got strapped to a rope and was sort of pullied down. The harness hurt everyone else but luckily i knew how to adjust the leg straps just right (thats a tandem skill for ya :) By the time i got to the ground they were halfway to my knees :)
oh yeah, you had asked about the pics. woops. got a little off track :)
froggie

Thats awesome.
I do a little rappeling up here. Its a friggin blast. Tree climbing though that sounds awesome. Plenty of places up here to do either. Glad to know it was a good time. What was the course for exactly? Got alot of buddies that practice those rescue skills for climbing and ice.
-e

propblast,
it was a Rope Rescue Course. At first that sounded funnny to me. using ropes to get a skydiver out of a tree? Why not use a ladder? but then i learned more about it, and after the class this weekend, I totally respect those who do this for a living. Rigging the ropes, with the support lines, tether lines, pull lines, support lines, carabeeners, pullies, rope bags, secure lines...etc. etc... It was a lot to learn, but it was really benificial and educational. Next time i gotta keep the helmet on my head and the carabeener in my hands :) cant go dropping them all the time. lol
hey! i did an ice water rescue course 4 weeks ago. Had an awesome time doing it too. Same thing there, not too many women actually participate in the rescue aspect of emergency scenes, so to be a woman and recieve special training in these rare rescues is awesome. Glad that i do this whole ems thing. I would never have been swimming in a dry suit in febuary or climbing a tree rigged up to a harness without it. climbing and Sitting up there, high among the branches, i looked like those mountain climbers and lumber men. That was the *moment* of the day :)
froggie