ffp1974

bridle extension

I have never seen them for sale anywhere. Most people will get a rigger to make them one or do it themselves. It's a very easy project that can be done on a regular sewing machine. I made mine from 3/4 inch binding tape and sewn together with "B" thread I had ordered to practice sewing with. Just make a loop of bindind tape about a foot long, then sew the ends to make smaller loops on the ends. Make sure at least one of the smaller loops will fit over the hackey and grommet on the D-bag. If you don't do much sewing, Paragear has "E" thread on pre-wound bobbins, get one or two of those. It's stronger and you can use it to repair damaged bits of your gear.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

First of all, psycho pack is not a method recommended by Performance Designs for packing a parachute and I believe this is the same for all other canopies.
A guy at my DZ used that method for hundred of jumps and when he had his parachute for relining PD told him they had to change a whole cell which was damaged. When they asked him about his packing method, PD attributed the damages to his method.

For an extension of the bridle cord, see a rigger. The bridle has an original length which is generally tested with the canopy. A rigger will tell you if you can have an extension and if so, he can make one for you with appropriate tape.
Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.

It is recommended by Precision for all their canopies, Icarus says it's okay to do for some of theirs. At least you didn't say it's bad because you had "ONE bad" opening and you'll never do it again. I thought it was funny that the rigger I know that packed my first 2 malfunctions, at least 3 lineovers since then, and the tandem instructor that has had 3 lineovers this year from PRO packing say Psycho packing is bad. I've never seen a canopy come with anything but the canopy and sometimes the connector links. The D-bag is made to fit the container, the pilot chute bridle is made to fit the grommet in the D-bag and the pilot chute is in whatever diameter you need. The damage to the cells of the PD canopy was probably due to psycho packing without an extension. The slickest psycho pack that I've seen was on a 78 Xaos, he rolled the extension up in the roll so that attachment point stayed centered, my canopies are too big for that.

If you do make your own you should have a rigger look at it before you jump it. It's always a good idea to have someone double check your work no matter what you're doing.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

I got this from PDs website about psycho packing. It is ina FAQ section. They say you can do it but it's not what they recommend...

What about "Psycho packing"?

The "psycho pack" is not really an entirely different packing method, it’s just a different bagging method. The first part of a “psycho pack,” the part that is done standing up, is identical to a regular PRO pack. The only difference is the technique used to fold the canopy and put it in the deployment bag.

For this reason, “psycho packing,” which we could perhaps call “psycho bagging,” may or may not make a difference in the way your canopy opens. If the first part of the pack job is sloppy, then the opening may not be very good no matter how the canopy is put in the bag. Let’s suppose, however, that you do a good basic PRO pack but tend to lose control while bagging the canopy, and end with a mess by the time you make the first line stows. If “psycho bagging” helps keep your neat PRO pack under control while you put it in the bag, your openings may improve using this technique.

We don't recommend the “psycho bagging” technique for a couple of reasons. For one thing, we feel there are easier ways to put the canopy in the bag that work just as well. We also do not think a canopy should be packed with a lot of material in front of the nose, which happens when you psycho pack.

We’ve made test jumps on a number of our main canopies using a psycho pack, and the openings were acceptable. We also know of some customers using this method with our canopies who are happy with the results. So, you can use the “psycho bagging” technique with your PD main if you want, but it is not the method we recommend.

Thanks guys for your comments. I just have the impression that S folding a canopy allows it to be subject to less friction with the D bag than rolling it. I never heard about testing the 2 methods for comparison purpose. Maybe canopies manufacturers should do it.
Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.