nuntiux

When did you decide to go for your first boogie? After how many jumps?

I had just over 100 jumps when I was invited to come along to the Easter Boogie at Z-Hills back in 1977. Oh the memories that come flooding back from that week. Driving a van with So. Carolina plates through the south past all the New York plates the cops were pulling over, the same endless half dozen 8 track tapes, the unforgettable anics of The Herd, seeing the really HOT teams of the day like Exitus (who invented the chunk exit for speed stars). And our first really high loads from big aircraft. We got to Z-Hills after dark and walked around 40 Tango before turning in and I couldn't believe I'd be jumping from this monster all week.

The first load in the morning was a "relaxed" 14 way round star. I "relaxed" about as much as somebody who'd never been on anythhing larger than a 6 way could, especially since I was asked to climb out as a floater, something else I'd never done. It worked out just fine though, even if I didn't get in to the star.

Boogies are an awful lot of fun, but I completely understand if you feel just a bit scared or intimidated by it. If you can, try to go with a group of friends, so you can start off easy with your own small group of people you already know. Or else ask for a LO and be up front about your experience level. Then, after you've got a few dives under your belt, don't be afraid to stretch yourself a bit. Boogies are about meeting new people, making new friends, trying things you haven't done before - and getting a little crazy, even in the air. Just so long as you do it sensibly. You'll have a blast that will last long after it's over and you're back home. Enjoy.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

13- Lost prarie (didn't jump , way to excited and wasn't ready but had the time of my life and learned lots)

13-17- Jeans guy memorial boogie in calgary (had a blast, and i jumped (wow)

I think you should go to boogies when ever you can cause even if you don't jump I'm sure you'll learn a lot!;)And have lots of fun:PB|

Blue Skies and Terminal Memories 4 Life