grue

I'd like to hit 1,000 posts tonight. Who wants to help?

Let's talk about something!

Can we talk about parrotheads? I just went to my first Jimmy Buffet concert at the Citizens Bank Park in Phila. and I think I just might be a parrothead! The tailgating was a unique experience!

Let's talk about something!

Can we talk about parrotheads? I just went to my first Jimmy Buffet concert at the Citizens Bank Park in Phila. and I think I just might be a parrothead! The tailgating was a unique experience!

Forgive my youth and ignorance, but what the deuce is a parrothead in conjunction with Jimmy Buffett?
cavete terrae.

Forgive my youth and ignorance, but what the deuce is a parrothead in conjunction with Jimmy Buffett?

Well I'm still a parrothead in training, but i think it has something to do with all of the bright colors that people wear to the concerts and at one concert Jimmy Buffet made a comment about the people in the audience saying they look like parrots.

Well I'm still a parrothead in training, but i think it has something to do with all of the bright colors that people wear to the concerts and at one concert Jimmy Buffet made a comment about the people in the audience saying they look like parrots.

I guess that makes at least some sense. The question, of course, is when will you make a jump with a parrothead hat?
cavete terrae.

when will you make a jump with a parrothead hat? [reply/]

That is a good idea for my 1st jump back. I had a little landing injury 2 years ago, but am just about ready to head back.

Here is another option for headgear to jump with... :D

That is a good idea for my 1st jump back. I had a little landing injury 2 years ago, but am just about ready to head back.

Here is another option for headgear to jump with... :D

haha, that's different.

If you don't mind my asking, what was your injury?
cavete terrae.

It was a tibial plateau fracture, fractured femoral condyle, torn acl, torn mcl, torn, lcl, torn meniscus, partial tear of calf muscle... your basic blown out knee.

Here is another 'jumper' at the tailgating festivities. This is a picture of a female in a bikini top and grass skirt who just finished jumping 30 seconds on the trampoline to earn some beads... :D

It was a tibial plateau fracture, fractured femoral condyle, torn acl, torn mcl, torn, lcl, torn meniscus, partial tear of calf muscle... your basic blown out knee.

JFC, that's fairly impressive. As a skiier, hockey, and soccer player, I know all about blown knees, and I'm guessing yours was basically being held together by the skin! I took out my ACL and MCL a while back, but.... daaaamn
cavete terrae.

I'm guessing yours was basically being held together by the skin!

Well the pcl was still in tact and the patellar tendons were just sprained...

I'm guessing yours was basically being held together by the skin!

Well the pcl was still in tact and the patellar tendons were just sprained...

Oops, I thought I saw the PCL on the list. But still.. wow. Glad you made it back! What happened on the landing?
cavete terrae.

What happened on the landing?

The instructor told me over the radio that I could stand it up... and I guess in my mind I visualized all of the landings I saw 'experienced' skydivers make and without even thinking I stuck out my left leg, as if to run it out, instead of keeping my feet and knees together. [:/]:S