jumperconway

Serious Prayers Needed for One Of Our Own!

its ok that he's in ICU because at least there he'll be getting the proper care that he needs and make sure that he is more stabilized...
i don't know rico or any of you guys really but the power of prayer is amazing.... i will continue to send my prayers your way... best to all of you that are coping with all of this!
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

The latest private e-mail status report that was sent out:

Rico has been moved to Memorial Herman Continuing Care Center 3043 Gessner Drive, Room 2432-B Houston, Texas 77080-2597 (713) 462-2515. www.mhhs.org

Rico is still on the breathing machine. However, Angie explained that the machine is set to provide oxygen at a rate of 0-12, and anything after 12 on the machines scale would be an indication of Rico's input. So far Rico has made the scale go to 21 with his additional input! They are hopeful that this may be an indication that Rico may be developing enough strength/technique to breath using his diaphragm and eventually be weaned from the ventilator. Angie also said Rico is still unable to move from the neck down but that he does know when he is being touched in the area from his neck to his knees. So far, no feeling at all below the knees. Also, if you call Rico Angie will hold the phone up so he can listen to you but he is unable to verbally respond yet