skymama

I just tried to save an injured dog...

Like everybody else has said, good for you for doing the right and humane thing. It beats me why people don't tag their pets - if I lost mine the worst thing would be if I never found out what had happened to them.

My poor young dog looks like a homie with all the bling (tags) on his collar. (Rabies, name tag w/my info, microchip info tag, some other pet recovery tag, 1 other I beleive) My senior dog right now just has her rabies tag, but I'm not worried about her running away cause that would require her to be motivated to run and now days the only thing that motivates her is my bed.
Fly it like you stole it!

Andrea, it was very kind of you to stop and try to help, I'm sure that the dogs family would appreciate that.

A few years ago my dog Alli got out and was hit and killed by a car. The Sheriffs Dept. came to my house the next day to tell us that our dog had been hit and where we could find her, they were able to find us because of her tag number.

We went and got her, she was laying on the side of the road, it just looked like she was laying there sleeping. There was a note folded and tucked into her collar, it was written by a man who had witnessed her getting hit by the car. He said by the time he pulled over and ran to her, she was already gone. He just wanted us to know that it happened quickly and that she did not suffer.

God Bless that man.

Candy

Thanks again to all for your kind words. I would love to be able to tell the family what happened to their dog and to tell them that I at least tried to save him for them. I'm going to be looking out for flyers in the coming weeks, hoping that someone is missing him and I'll call the family if I can.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon