skydude2000

Chest Mount

Hi guys,

I jump a chest mounted altimeter and I recently took Brian Germain's canopy course, in which he suggested that loosening the chest strap improves performance, even if only slightly at my W/L. He showed me a way to rig the altimeter with elastics, so that it would still be visible with a loose chest strap. I can't remember now, exactly how to do it, and I can count the number of jumpers at my club who jump chest mounts, on one hand, myself included. And none of them know exactly how to do it.

Can someone just remind me how to wrap the elastics to get it to work?

Thanks a bunch!!
PULL!! or DIE!!

You got me excited. :)

I thought someone was asking about a chest mount RESERVE!:|

I don't know Brian's trick. But if your chest strap is flopping it's not any better than if it's lossened to the point where it's just tight.

But I don't have that problem. My jack the ripper is mounted upside down to the back of my chest mount pillow. That holds it in place.

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Sorry to burst your bubble ;) But I haven't jumped a chest mounted reserve in 6 years. I was actually asking about using one for a water jump that's coming up. But I've been told it's a bad idea, because I'd have un-clip it under canopy etc etc. Not so sure I'd be comfy with that, lol. Anyway, sorry for the tangent, and thanks for the info. Maybe I'll try to PM Brian directly and ask him.
PULL!! or DIE!!