mike_foxtrot

Angel under canopy picture?

Howdy. A good friend of mine is in the hospital, in pretty bad shape. He's a jumper, and in talking to his son, it was requested that I try to find a picture that they had seen at some point in the past, but the son didn't know where to find it. I have had no luck googling, so I thought I'd ask you guys. It is supposed to have an angel under a canopy, with her wings spread and crossed legs. That's about all I know. He seemed to think there might be a regular jumper in there too, but I couldn't figure out if it was under the same canopy as the angel, or what. Has anyone seen a picture like this? If so, could you direct me to where I could find it for him? Thanks!

My husband has a tshirt with this on it. It was for the Jump for Sarah day that we had at the WFFC a few years back.
Sarah was a quadriplegic who got her first skydive at the WFFC as a tandem passenger to Charles. It was quite the ordeal, she had to be rigged specially, and had to have oxygen, etc. But she loved it and told her mom it was the most freedom she had felt since she had been in the car accident that took her appendages years before.
Tragically, she died 4 days after the tandem from complications due to her previous car accident.
I'll see if Dave can find the tshirt, and take a pic and post it for you.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

Thank all of you for the help. Snow, that is a hell of a story. Very happy and sad. But happy that she got to jump and feel that freedom. If you can get a pic, that would be great. My friends son said he couln't remember where he'd seen it, but he can't find it at his dad's house now. So any pics would be great. Thank you all again.

Mike,

Done some web searching too (as I'm sure many people have) and haven't found anything.

All I can suggest is that you ask for someone else to produce a similar picture for you, describing exactly what it is you want. Don't know if this would be quite the same, but it might mean even more since it would be a personal gesture. There are lots of very talented dz.commers who I'm sure would be happy to invest a little time.