FreeflyIndian

VISO readings all over the place

My VISO's been acting up this last weekend. Anybody else experienced similar problems? I'm gonna do a hard reset and give it another check this weekend, if that doesnt work will send back to L&B - their service is great so I'm not concerned.

1. Saturday – jump 1 – turn on VISO, it calibrates – goes to zero, then a few minutes later reads I think 400ft (still on the ground, nowhere near plane). So I turn it off and back on again, resets to zero. In the plane whilst taking off (still on the ground) it reads 70ft – I know this could be caused by pressure changes due to prop blast, but thought it odd as this had never happened before, if anything on previous jumps it under-read for the first 200 or 300ft and then would start to read as normal. I continued to check the VISO readings against other alti’s in the plane it seemed to be under-reading (by about 1000ft if I recall correctly). I then exited and jumped, upon deployment the alti read 4000ft and stay there until I landed. Even whilst on the ground it still read 4000ft for about another 10 minutes – when I started pressing buttons, the alti the started to reduce in altitude back to zero (sometimes fluctuating on its way down to zero). I then turned off and back on again – it showed zero.
2. Saturday – jump 2 – alti still on zero, got into plane, it stayed on zero the whole way up!
3. Forgot to turn it off, it normally turns off automatically when not is use
4. Sunday – alti still on (this approximately 17hrs since last used), battery now showing one bar (it was on two bars on Saturday). Walk to the plane, reading fluctuating all over the place from minus numbers to +700 ft whilst still on the ground! Needless to say, I used another altimeter for the jump