mcneill79

Stuck in Santiago Chile

Come to Eloy! The boogie wouldn't be the same without the potty-mouthed midget.

But if you do decide to leave the country, New Zealand is fabulous that time of year. I spent 3 weeks there last year (late Nov/early Dec).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Hmmm...for how many days? Haven't been there in a long time...let me see...very modern city...lots of people.

- Definitely do a river cruise Clicky - great fun.
- Snake meat cafes. Very interesting.
- The Jade Buddha Temple is pretty cool
- the Pearl Tower and Jin Mao building in Lujiazui can be nice. DO NOT GO ON A WEEKEND/HOLIDAY or you'll stand in line forever. I recommend the buffet on the second top ball - quite nice. Get the ticket below. Also, don't give any $$ to beggars there or you'll be swarmed beyond belief - tip from a Brit friend.
- Xin Tian Di. If you've ever been to Hong Kong and enjoyed the Lun Kwai Fong scene, go here. Excellent bars and restaurants. A friend tells me they have a Braziiian BBQ there that is damned good.
- Yuyuan Garden and Bazaar. Very nice to walk around. Must see.
- Nanjing Lu - busy road. Lots of tourists go there. Good for people watching and etc.
- The Bund. Great views at nite. Must see. Do the sightseeing tunnel. you'll like it. Do it sober and then wasted. >:(
- Zhou Zhang - DO NOT MISS THIS. Cool shyte.
- Shànghai Xinjiang Fengwèi Fàndiàn - DAMNED good restaurant. Had to look it up, but worth it. If you like excellent lamb, go there.
- Paulaner Brauhaus. Great German Beer and food.

That's all I can think of right now. Beware of crooked cab drivers. Tsingtao beer has always been a favorite of mine in China, as I've been to the brewery up there.

:P
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

But if you do decide to leave the country, New Zealand is fabulous that time of year. I spent 3 weeks there last year (late Nov/early Dec).

I went to NZ 3 years ago... spent most of my time in the North Isle, would love to go back and explore more of the South Isle. It's waning on my list, as just the airfare is close to 2 k :P

g

Raddest ho this side of Jersey #1 - rest in peace brother
Beth lost her cherry and I missed it
.... you want access to it, but you don't want to break it.

It's waning on my list, as just the airfare is close to 2 k :P

Eek. Yeah, I did it on miles and in business class, (payback for selling my soul to United Airlines years ago when I was a road warrior).

Then it's settled. See you in Eloy.;)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Vinny,

Thinking about heading out the 23rd of December through the 2nd of January - leaving the dates flexible for airfare/cost etc.

You're the best!

g

Holy schneikes...that would be a fun trip! Only in Shanghai or thinking of going elsewhere in China? Beijing is a BLAST - ooooohhh my liver hurts just thinking about it. Hong Kong has destroyed a good portion of my liver both pre- and post- handover. >:(

:P
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

If you're there during the night, go party your ass off in the club district. I forget the name of it, but I had a lot of fun.

I can also highly recommend the skiing near there, but it's probably too late in the season for that. The snow was great when I was there in August.
BASE 1224, Senior Parachute Rigger, CPL ASEL IA, AGI, IGI
USPA Coach & UPT Tandem Instructor, PRO, Altimaster Field Support Representative

Fock... I think we need to make some plans to visit my familly back in montreal around that time....

awww c`mon Remi, we would have soooo much fun ;)

g

Fock... I think we need to make some plans to visit my familly back in montreal around that time....

awww c`mon Remi, we would have soooo much fun ;)

g

I'm guessing that was more about me than you, Gia.

Love you too, Remi.:P