davidlayne

Airborne PT Test

The real deal is you have to be able to run at least a 7 minutes mile to hang in the runs at Airborne School. Technically, all of the runs are a 9-minute/mile standard; however, they mess with you by picking up the pace and then slowing down to the 'ol Airborne Shuffle so they can maintain the light time standard.

You wouldn't have to sustain that 7 or sub 7 min/mile pace - you'd just have to keep it for about 3/4 of the mile. The longest run I ever had to do there was 5 miles and that was because it was a PayDay run.

Good for your wife for running!!!:)

My son is in the 82nd (in Iraq right now). He runs a mile in under 6. I can do a mile in 8 at age 60, and he keeps up with me running backwards!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

actually they don't intentionally push the 7 minute mile, that's more just the accordian effect, the back of the formation slows down than has to run to catch up. tall people get screwed on that end in airborne school.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Katie has given the best answer.

It has nothing to do with an accordian effect.

The average is a 9-min mile over 4-miles. Some miles are faster and some are slower.

Standard P.T. test @ 60% each event for your age group.

Laters,

K-MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B|

The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

What are the time requirements to run 1 mile in the Airborne PT Test? Is it the same as basic?

When I went through jump school at Bragg in 1960 all our runs were up hill in 3 feet of snow. The worst part was doing it in barefeet.

Somehow, they were able to get Longstreet Road to run uphill in both directions.

Also, the cadre at jumpschool talked to Niels Bohr about putting a quantum reality bubble near the steam plant which caused gravity to triple when we were doing PT.

Doing pushups for gigs with triple gravity was the worst part of jumpschool.

You young guys just don't know what *real* jump school was like.
Guru312

I am not DB Cooper

Also, the cadre at jumpschool talked to Niels Bohr about putting a quantum reality bubble near the steam plant which caused gravity to triple when we were doing PT.

i think it also powers the Ft. Bragg "PT dome".. i've never seen the rain stop for exactly an hour a day so often anywhere... ;)

As the Black Hat who ran you at <7 minute miles and then "crawled" across the line to meet the 9 minute pace I can tell you Katie is spot on.

We are checked at every mile (by the Branch Master Trainer) and have reference points along the way (so we can stay on time).

If we get caught going to fast the run is thrown out and the fall outs get a free pass to the next day.

Usuall y you only get caught once to know the CSM wont allow it from you a second time:o.
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Hummm....I am not sure if we did anything under 2 miles my damn self. Hell, for all I know they could have dropped the standards again. All I remember were the 4 to 12 mile death runs we always did. Hated every step of it too.

...Happiness is just a drool away....mmmmm....

John - I had no idea your son was here at Bragg. We probably pass each other at least once a week running up and down Ardennes. He shoud look me up when he gets back from the desert!:)

I've no idea when that will be.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.