Slappie

MLB sucks

It was a really good, edge of your seat kind of game. I had to be up early today and so planned on going to bed no later than 10. The last thing I needed was a 14 inning game, but it was fun to watch. ;)

Longest World Series game ever, most pitchers ever used, most players ever used and Pods had most at bats ever with 8. I still can't believe we got out of the ninth - 1st and 3rd with one out situation....a pitcher that hasn't seen any action in close to 30 days and Oz leaves him in. It seemed that after the 9th both teams gave too many chances away....and if Houston won in the 14th last night it would have been a whole new series.

27 more outs for Chicago history. Why am I still so damn nervous?

It was a really good, edge of your seat kind of game. I had to be up early today and so planned on going to bed no later than 10. The last thing I needed was a 14 inning game, but it was fun to watch. ;)

Longest World Series game ever, most pitchers ever used, most players ever used and Pods had most at bats ever with 8. I still can't believe we got out of the ninth - 1st and 3rd with one out situation....a pitcher that hasn't seen any action in close to 30 days and Oz leaves him in. It seemed that after the 9th both teams gave too many chances away....and if Houston won in the 14th last night it would have been a whole new series.

Have to like Guillen, he seems to be the only one on either side who looks relaxed and laid back.

Do you think we should whine a little about the home run that wasn't? No, let's not - wouldn't be sportsmanlike.:)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Have to like Guillen, he seems to be the only one on either side who looks relaxed and laid back.

My friends and I have started calling him "El Coach" as he shares a lot of traits with Ditka. As a kid I always had a Guillen jersey - one of my all time favorite players. Finally got to shake his hand in 1990 as he walked barefoot around old Comiskey Park after the last game. I cheered for the Marlins when they won the WS because Ozzie was their Third base coach. He was always one of the best defensive players I saw while growing up - and it was his style of play that got me into baseball so many years ago. Now I have so much respect for him as a coach and hope to god he doesn't retire after this series.

Do you think we should whine a little about the home run that wasn't? No, let's not - wouldn't be sportsmanlike.:)

Or the foul ball that was taken away from Paulie? Nah, seems like that is a National League thing to do. There were plenty of "what if" situations in the game last night - but thats what baseball is all about: the human factor of the game. Hell, most of us grew up thinking "what if it was the bottom of 9th in the world series...tied game and I was up to bat with the bases loaded......." . It's a sport for dreamers. After all, we celebrate those that statiscally are failures (cheering for guys that only hit the ball 3/10 plate apperances).

I cheered for the Marlins when they won the WS because Ozzie was their Third base coach.

Well you guys now have Little Joey as your third base coach. After an unbelievable ALDS against the Yankees in 1995, my Mariner's couldn't muster much of a fight against Cleveland. The last thing I remember of that season was Little Joey Cora sitting in the dugout, everyone else gone off to the showers by then. Joey was just sitting there by himself, still crying. ;)

Or the foul ball that was taken away from Paulie?

That was clean, the ball was clearly in the stands.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I will not concede defeat! Good game, tonight is do or die. I can hear the band warming up. B|

Althought we may get swept.. we gave it all we could.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Joey was just sitting there by himself, still crying.

Heh...I remember that. Poor kid. He hasn't been perfect as the third base coach in the off season. Plenty of "what was he thinking" was asked a few times.

That was clean, the ball was clearly in the stands.

But still playable. But the fans had a right to go for it, just like Bartman and the rest of the Cubs fans did a few years back. Like I said - we don't blame things on missed foul balls, we just keep playing.