Hooknswoop

Good Wine and Good Company

Then what the hell are you doing on dz.com telling everyone about it?

Can't be that much fun, can it? :P

Oh, and how on earth did you fit the entire desert in your fridge? Must be a HUGE one!;)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

The 3rd bottle is chiling a nice Coppela white:)

This thread should get nice and fun after the fourth or fifth bottle.

Yeah..notice how WE never get invited?!?!:(

And I took a shower last month and everything![:/]

:ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Miner Chard --

Always had a more fond affinity for their cab then their whites (chrd or SB)

As a white burg lover, though, the new american oak of many of cali's chards are too much.

A nice puligny montrachet or criots batard montrachet
-
-
"Baseball is 90% mental. The other half is physical."

Must be nice! Too bad yall aren't in TX or Morgan and I would be over there grilling with you and bringing a couple bottles of Messina Hof with us

I don't give Texans a lot of credit, but you guyd can grillB|. C'mon up, the tunnel will be open soon and the ski resorts have already started opening. We got a short snow storm here at 5330 FT MSL this morning.

Derek

Must be nice! Too bad yall aren't in TX or Morgan and I would be over there grilling with you and bringing a couple bottles of Messina Hof with us

I don't give Texans a lot of credit, but you guyd can grillB|. C'mon up, the tunnel will be open soon and the ski resorts have already started opening. We got a short snow storm here at 5330 FT MSL this morning.

Derek

Texans, produce some pretty darned good wines!;)
In corked bottles too!:D

Chuck

Miner Chard --

Always had a more fond affinity for their cab then their whites (chrd or SB)

As a white burg lover, though, the new american oak of many of cali's chards are too much.

We weren't too keen on their other whites either, but this ine was so unique and good, we bought a couple of bottles. They told us that they take a big risk by allowing the grapes to ferment naturally like they used to make wine, so they don't make a lot that way. So far, they are 4 for 4 years of making one wine this way. It is really good, differenmt from any other chard. If you get the chance, grab a bottle, it is worth it.

Derek

exans, produce some pretty darned good wines!Wink
In corked bottles too!Laugh

I grew up in Napa, CA, TX wines don't measure up;). The industry is geetin away from cork, it can taint the wine:o. I thought all TX wines came in boxes?:ph34r:

Derek

Give me a major break! :D:D Have you ever tried a Texas wine? ;) Ft. Stocton and Lubbock as well as our Hill Country have brought home silver and gold, for their wines. I've taken Allen Silver some of our wines and as a Californian, even he was impressed!
I was interested to read awhile back, that the wine industry was getting away from cork and going to 'screw' caps.:o:D

Chuck