simplyputsi

Give me your winning numbers, NOW!

As I understand, with the cash option you get the present value of the jackpot (roughly half) minus all applicable taxes (again, 40-50%), and the rest is yours to fuck up your life with. (Statistically, winning the lottery is not a blessing for those who don't know what to do with it.)

So, a $225 million lottery should net you somewhere in the neighborhood of $55 million.

This is a good idea if you think you can earn a higher rate of interest than the discount rate used to calculate present value. If you're not financially savvy, leave it to the state to dole out your money so you can't screw it up too badly... (well the option of screwing up badly is actually always there)

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

So buying all the shares of delta airlines that I could would not be a good idea???
:P

Well, I guess that's about as long-shot an investment strategy as the lottery...

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

If you take the payments option and you are the only winner then you would get a little over 8 million a year. I don't know what taxes would do to that, but if you can spend that much money in a year than maybe you should not have that much money.

Taxes will take 40-50% on a prize that large.

Believe me, I could spend it, and spend it well. I would call it the Rebecca Fund, and it would be good.

I gave my four quarters to the fine gentleman behind the counter at the gas station for my ticket today. 4 quarters is all I had left after filling my tank.

Woohoo...come on baby, last $1 to my name till friday...yield me $225m!!! :D
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto