-Scatter-

New rig - legs straps kinda small - resize?

I got my new rig in today. Everything fits well except the leg straps, which are a size "small." I'm pretty scrawny but I really have to cinch them down HARD to get the pads anywhere near each other - where I'd normally wear them, there's about two to three inches between the pads, and maybe one inch of slack strap past the hardware.

I called Sunrise and apparently my legs are right on the cusp between "small" and "medium" and I can send the rig in to be resized if I'd like. Great customer service.

If I had about one extra inch of pad length, the rig would be perfect. However, part of me thinks after a few jumps when everything loosens up, the leg pads won't be as stiff and get me that extra inch.

My question is: will the leg pads loosen up much as they break in? I'm kinda anxious to be jumping my new stuff already - impatience tells me to just accept it, prudence says to send it in and wait.

I'm kinda anxious to be jumping my new stuff already - impatience tells me to just accept it, prudence says to send it in and wait.

Jump it and see what you think~;)

...you can still send it back to get the work done if you find you don't like that current configuration.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Generally -- patience pays. If you only have one inch of slack strap, you may have no margin when you wear thicker warm clothes in colder jumping weather, and have more padding at your legs. And it's awfully nice to loosen leg straps to walk back to the hangar from landing at the other end of the dropzone.

Will let other chime in...

If you have hip rings where your leg traps are attached, it's a piece of cake for the manufacturer to change them. You mention Sunrise then you should have a WINGS isn't it? Wings are generally coming withn hip rings.
Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.