jtval

NEED HELP UNINSTALLING...

ok so I went to listen to an M#U online and tried to click the "NO" button but hit the "YES" button when it asked me to install some shitty search bar.
I went to my regedit and deleted all the bullshit pop-up and adware stuff but I cant get the search bar to fuck off and die.
on the left hand side there is a drop down button (See attachment) that send's me to the uninstall page.

UNFORTUNATELY, when I get there the webpage does not work. (see attachment)

so my question is WTF do I do to get this shit off my computer?

PLease help.
There is one thing I am not sure about in my registry but I don't want to delete it without knowing WTF it is. could this be it?(see attachment)
My photos

My Videos

Right click on the top grey portion of the browser and check the name of the toolbar (e.g. Navigation Toolbar, Bookmarks toolbar, etc)... Check the name of the toolbar and google it for uninstall program...

Hope that helps ...
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

reboot the machine into safe mode not with networking just normal safe mode, then uninstall from the add remove programs IF there is an entry there, also find it in the program files and delete the whole folder, then delete from the registry but make sure you back the keys up befor you delete incase you delete the wrong thing. After this has been done do an msconfig and check you startup items to see if its in there if so get rid of it. Hope that helps ;)

edit: you probably want to check msconfig befor you go deleting reg keys because if it is in msconfig you can see the dir of the reg key :D

goto download.com and install a program called "hijack this." Love that program for that very reason.

however it is dangerous so use at your own risk

Agreed I used to use "hijack this" at work and if you are usure what you are deleting *DONT DELETE IT* if you do decide to download and run hijack this just save it to a notepad file and copy all the info and paste it into this website http://www.hijackthis.de/ and it will diagnose what is bad and whats not

I believe that search bar is classified as spyware - try using adaware and search and destroy to see if they remove it.

Hijack this is also a great tool for removal of this sort of thing.

Be more careful where you get your pr0n from :):P

lol sorry shouldnt be laughing. probably delete it using hijack this then check msconfig to see if it is in the startup items or anything dodgy looking is in there, if so get rid of it and delete the reg entrys. Alot of the time what will happen with spyware is they will hide themselves and reinstall on re-boot, so even if you delete the toolbar another install file is present and will reinstall itself as soon as its deleted or restarted.

lol sorry shouldnt be laughing. probably delete it using hijack this then check msconfig to see if it is in the startup items or anything dodgy looking is in there, if so get rid of it and delete the reg entrys. Alot of the time what will happen with spyware is they will hide themselves and reinstall on re-boot, so even if you delete the toolbar another install file is present and will reinstall itself as soon as its deleted or restarted.

Hey Check your Pm's
My photos

My Videos