BillyVance

Crazy, crazy day in college football!

Did anybody see the AP poll ranking a one-loss Miami barely ahead of Alabama?

Miami's not just 3 in the AP, they're 3 in the Harris poll too, which is a pretty good indication that they may be 3 on the BCS (but they're still 4 in the coaches poll, behind alabama).

UT is 1 in every one of the computers, but because of the Harris poll is still 2 in the BCS.

It all does'nt matter anyway. Until there is a playoff system that includes all the confrences, NO team can claim a legitement national championship.

I fully agree... At least then we would have known if Auburn was up to snuff last year with such a system, as much as I hate them anyway... :ph34r:

As for such a playoff system, the most likely scenario would be the "plus one", meaning an additional game after the bowls would decide the national champion among the top 4 teams. We've all beat this horse to death over the past few years and the stupid NCAA won't do anything about it, they'll just keep fucking with the BCS computers and whatnot trying to find the right formula. It's all bullshit... You can blame former SEC commissioner Roy Kramer. The BCS was his baby.

I'd like to see the bowl system reformed, but fat chance. There is way too much money involved. Having an extended playoff system right through December and the holiday system is just asking too much of the players and coaches... not to mention all the traveling hassles for the fans and teams.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Yeah, we'd all like to see a playoff, but it'll never happen, and there's no good reason for it.
But the real irony is that the NCAA has nothing to do with it, and seemingly doesn't want to. The NCAA doesn't officially recognize a national champion in football like it does in EVERY FREAKING SPORT THERE IS. National champions are crowned by the BCS and the AP, and that's it. The NCAA might as well not exist.

Let's hope this sleight by the voters will fire up the team to play their best against LSU this Saturday!

LSU 16
Bama 13

Oh yeah. B|
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

LSU 16
Bama 13

Oh yeah. B|

Now NOBODY can claim to be "left out." The two best teams WILL play in the Rose Bowl!

The Longhorns and the Longhorns second team. :D

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Guest 1010

Now NOBODY can claim to be "left out." The two best teams WILL play in the Rose Bowl!

That's the funniest thing I've read all day. More likely it'll be USC's third string letting your tired first string score a late touchdown to get some points the board. ;)

You can have it good, fast, or cheap: pick two.

That's the funniest thing I've read all day. More likely it'll be USC's third string letting your tired first string score a late touchdown to get some points the board. ;)

wow, way to take a relatively clever joke and beat it into the ground with the dumb stick.

Guest 1010
well if thats clever :o... I'm just hoping you guys win out :D

You can have it good, fast, or cheap: pick two.

Currently 27-21, Georgia! B|;)

But WTF is up with my Dawgs missing the play clock and getting "delay of game" penalties (2!)? C'mon, guys!

YEEEHAWWW!!! B|B|B|

28-27, AUBURN!!!

Chew on that, UGA. :D;)

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Yes, they can. :(

I kept the hope alive, though, until the bitter end! :)

That was an awesome game - well played on both sides!! Whew - I'm still breathing hard. Woohoo!! B|B|

(Seriously Kelly, that could've gone either way) ;)

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

That was a great classic between AU and UGA... It came down to 4th and 10 for Auburn and they delivered, but not without a little excitement on the fumble. Hat's off to them. Man, if they'd let that fumble go out the back of the end zone, game over, GA wins. They were 3 yards away. Wow...

Skymama - congratulations! We held them Tigers off for as long as we could, until that last play in OT. Great defensive classic. Fuck, it hurts... Bet you held your breath on the last play in regulation... Oh well, we're still #1 on defense.

As for the USC - TX debate... it ain't etched in stone yet. However USC is the first team in NCAA history to have a 3000 yard passer and two 1000 yard rushers in the same season. Gonna be tough to beat them, but if USC and Texas both survive the rest of the way undefeated and make it to the Rose bowl, expect one of the greatest national championship games in history. It could be like Miami beating Nebraska 31-30 in 1985. I'll give it to Texas 35 to 34, assuming they both make it to Pasadena.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

So how'd the Hogs do?

They beat Ole Miss. Not sure what the score was, but it wasn't close, something like 14 points or so.

Hey, you need to get Arkansas to beat LSU and I'll try to get Alabama to beat Auburn, so we can go to the SEC championship game... ;)

Yeah, I know... fat chance.