riddler

Hotel + parking

Here I am at the Four Points by Sheraton in LA. Room averages around $80/night. I got a rental car so I could visit my uncle in Long Beach (Ford Five Hundred, $30/day). The hotel informs me that parking is $10/day.

Huh? I've never heard of a hotel that has a separate charge for parking. Does that surprise anyone else? They own the parking lot, and charge people that work at the airport to park there. But why not give free parking to guests?

This definitely is NOT something they mentioned when I booked on Hotels.com [:/]
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Huh? I've never heard of a hotel that has a separate charge for parking.

It's that way in most cities where parking is a premium.

You used hotels.com? Have fun with all the spam they're going to send you. :P

... and $10/night is cheap!
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

Depends on location of the hotel. In the suburbs you will generally not be charged. In major cities you will alwas be charged because land is expensive. $10.00 is low. Most of the time it is at least $20.00. Employees of the hotels have to pay for parking their cars too. 1/2 off discount. [:/]

if you're in the heart of the city, expect to pay. i live in texas, so i've never paid more than 10/day.

also, i use hotels.com & priceline... you have to read the terms, but it does mention parking, taxes, & fees...
i didn't lose my mind, i sold it on ebay. .:need a container to fit 5'4", 110 lb. cypres ready & able to fit a 170 main (or slightly smaller):.[/ce