br0k3n

Velocity Components

Does anyone have any experience with this company Velocity Components ??

They make a container called the "Real X" which to me looks almost if not identical to a V3 Micron!! is it the same container? has anyone used one? any reviews anywhere??

The price there asking is considerably cheaper then UPT, approx $2100AU compared to $3000+ for a V3, (which also comes with a 6 month wait)

-Oli
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

Imitation is the best form of flattery. Ask them if you can get a skyhook in the container when you contact them.

Mark Klingelhoefer
United Parachute Technologies

well i doubt it will, but you have to say it does look very similar. Even the pattern choices are straight of the UPT site...

Anyway Mark, I am about to purchase a new container, and i did speak with your company about a nice new V3 Micron which is my preference, however i was told to expect at least a 6 month + lead time!!!!! Now the SKyhook is great, but come on 6 months to make a container!!! if that is the case do you not think that you need to employ more staff?

Also my mate just received his new micron, which is very nice but he ordered it in September 2007!!

Can you explain why your lead times are so enormous?? half a year to stitch together a container, my sister had a 4 bedroom house built in less time then that...

im not having a go at you, im just in disbelief...
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

The fact that you had to ask "Does anyone have any experience with this company Velocity Components ?? " is exactly the reason our delivery times are longer than theirs. We currently have the most popular rig in the world for a number of reasons (Innovation vs. imitation only being one of those).

It does not take 6 months to make a container, for us, it takes around 5 weeks, however, our production schedule is currently fully booked until October. We are making containers as fast as our line and quality control departments can currently allow. We are getting ready to expand our production facility, however, building and staffing can take some time (ask your sister).

When you go to an amusement park, there are "rides" and there are the "best rides in the park". Generally, you can get on the "rides" within a couple minutes; however, if you want to ride the "best rides in the park" you are usually in line for while before you are seated.

They don't make anything, they are a reseller. Here is the manufactor I think: http://www.blueskies.cz/. Double check to make sure they are legal to jump in your country, as of 2006 they had not applied for a TSO from the FAA so no US Citizen could purchase the rig and jump it since it was not certified yet.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

You also have to remember they don't only make civilian rigs but also military. i just received my 2nd UPT container and it was definitely worth the wait. i spend a lot of time in the harness under canopy and it's the most comfortable rig i've worn and the quality control that goes into it is amazing.
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down