mmytacism

the tale of my oh-so-criminal mind

Okay, so it's not that exciting, but I *did* break the law--

I exceeded the posted speed limit on the Pennsylvania Turnpike.

It's the first time I've ever been pulled over.

The reason I post this, dear readers, is that *Judgment Day* has arrived. Yes, in less than 2 hours, I will stand sheepishly before what I imagine as a 13-foot-tall podium that shoots out spikes when the disapproving judge, whose countenance resembles Mr. Yuck, hurls his gavel across the courtroom because he's bored of the earth-shaking slam.

The best advice so far? Wear a skirt and a bonnet, carry a small dog, burst into song when possible, and keep mumbling that all I want to do is go home to Kansas.

If I do not return for many moons, assume that I've been institutionalized. (:

That is all.

assume that I've been institutionalized

my question is, how did you escape from the institution to begin with, then how did you find a car and what compelled you to drive on the pa turnpike....... everyone knows that PA an evil state and the only reason to go there is because it between ohio and crosskeys.........

Perhaps I can plead insanity on account of living in PA

maybe, but i doubt it......... i have a good friend that lives in harisburg and she is a little on the wierd side,may be it is a PA thing.....

I scheduled a court appearance to beg for a points reduction (in Pennsylvania, it's generally the case that the more points you have to your license, the higher your insurance premium will be).

The court experience was every bit as scary as I'd imagined. The judge didn't need a 13-foot-tall podium: she was already an Amazon. And, as I'd expected, she did resemble Mr. Yuck--sour-apple-puss and everything.

So, the verdict? A one-point reduction and $22 off the original fine. I suppose it could be worse, though I'm sort of regretting not taking the "when-did-you-last-calibrate-your-tuning-fork" route.

The best part was bonding with the other hapless souls in the waiting room. One guy, a commercial truck driver, had been ticketed by the same officer for driving in the passing lane without passing anyone. :P