Slappie

GO HORNS!!

so i'm watching college gameday final on USCN and i can't help but notice...when they covered the UT/Col. game all the commentary was about how bad colorado looked, nothing about texas. but when they got the the USC/UCLA game, all the commentary was about how great USC is. why does espn hate texas so much?

ESPN and almost all mainstream media hates Texas. It's all George Bush's fault. :ph34r:

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

so i'm watching college gameday final on USCN and i can't help but notice...when they covered the UT/Col. game all the commentary was about how bad colorado looked, nothing about texas. but when they got the the USC/UCLA game, all the commentary was about how great USC is. why does espn hate texas so much?

ESPN and almost all mainstream media hates Texas. It's all George Bush's fault. :ph34r:

And that is why I want Texas to bitch-slap USC back to earth... Also because USC has been on top way too long... Go Horns!
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You guys already have the political world revolving around you (unfortunately), and now you want the sports world to revolve around you too? Texas gets plenty of respect from ESPN, but most people (except die-hard southerners) still view USC as the top team in the country. Last year everyone got all excited about Oklahoma wooping up on SC and we all know how that one turned out. SC are the champs and will continue to be thought of that way until they are beaten. Its only fair. Now, if Texas does beat USC this year, it will be thier greatest season in school history and they will deserve all the accolades that go with being the champs. Until then; USC #1, UT #2.

FIGHT ON TROJANS!!!

Bob

Reading the media reports here in Colorado you would have thought we were in Texas. All they talked about was how good Texas played. There was maybe a paragarph in the whole article about how badly CU played. :S

The media just tells the locals what they really want to hear... It's what sells papers, I guess... :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Reliant Stadium 4th quarter: Trojans who?

Reliant Stadium 4th quarter: FUCK THE TROJANS!!

Was awesome!! :ph34r: 70k fans all chanting in unison.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Was awesome!! :ph34r: 70k fans all chanting in unison.

:D:D:D

I wonder if the TV network broadcasting the game had to bleep out the invective? :ph34r:

I wonder if the TV network broadcasting the game had to bleep out the invective? :ph34r:

haha, probably not. the best is when the camera just happens to be on a coach when he swears and you can totally read his lips. during one game last weekend (i forget which one) the announcer actually said "i hope you can't read lips..."
Billy, it's good to have you on board, and i'm very much looking forward to all the UT/USC talk in the bonfire of the course of the next month (or more)

haha, probably not. the best is when the camera just happens to be on a coach when he swears and you can totally read his lips. during one game last weekend (i forget which one) the announcer actually said "i hope you can't read lips..."
Billy, it's good to have you on board, and i'm very much looking forward to all the UT/USC talk in the bonfire of the course of the next month (or more)

:D:D If I had a dollar for every time I said "haha, he said 'FUCK', I just lipread the SOB!" I could live off the interest! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: I've even caught Mike Shula, Alabama's football coach saying it on camera on the sideline... :D

Speaking of the bowls... Alabama's got a date vs Texas Tech in the Cotton Bowl... Nation's #1 rated defense vs nation's #1 passing offense. Sound like an interesting match-up? I hope to God Alabama gets their offensive line shit sorted out... :|

Speaking of the bowls... Alabama's got a date vs Texas Tech in the Cotton Bowl... Nation's #1 rated defense vs nation's #1 passing offense. Sound like an interesting match-up? I hope to God Alabama gets their offensive line shit sorted out... :|

i'm definitely looking forward to that game. i'll be the first one to pull up one of the old "SEC is better than your conference" threads if Tech wins. don't get me wrong, i'm not saying i expect them to, but if by chance they do, the gloating oppurtunities are endless
:)

i'm definitely looking forward to that game. i'll be the first one to pull up one of the old "SEC is better than your conference" threads if Tech wins. don't get me wrong, i'm not saying i expect them to, but if by chance they do, the gloating oppurtunities are endless
:)

I know Texas Tech is really looking to show up the SEC... Shula commented that his assistant coaches were already in their offices pulling their hair out... :D

Bowls are like a totally different season. Your conference can have several teams who have great years, but lose their bowl games... I will be interested to see how these teams and records do in the bowls:

Georgia 10 - 2, Sugar Bowl vs West Virginia
LSU 10 - 2, Peach Bowl vs Miami
Auburn 9 - 2, Capital One Bowl vs Wisconsin
Alabama 9 -2, Cotton Bowl vs Texas Tech

Those four will probably go 2 - 2... :|