waltappel

My visit to a bordello (long)

Anybody else notice they have a 2 mile airstrip!!!!

(brain working too fast, hurts too much)

There is just too much potential here. Come jump out of an airplane and then get jumped. Or get jumped then jump out of an airplane.

Good story.

I'm sure it's been done before. The problem I see with jumping into a place like that is that the jumpers will coerce each other into that B&D Party.

Walt

That's one shirt you would only wear to the DZ, I bet... :D

I don't know that the DZ is the only place I would wear a shirt like that, but I can think of a whole lot of places I wouldn't wear a shirt like that.

Unfortunately when I was there they only had small size t-shirts so I can't wear 'em at all.

Yes, I know the obvious solution is to go back, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Walt

I once found myself in a bordello in Dongguan, China. It was billed as a 'health club' by our corporate hosts, who really really wanted our business. (That was before they knew what pains in the asses we were.) I ended up getting a massage out of the deal, but as there was this massive language barrier (completely different languages _and_ cultures) I figured "no" was a good answer to all the questions she asked me in Cantonese. For all I knew she was asking me "so you want me to pee on you?"

So, I guess no B&D Party for you, huh?

Walt

Heckuva story, Walt! Good read. I thoroughly enjoyed it.B| Didn't they burn-down the last place like that here in Texas?:D

Chuck

Thankyou. Here's the history of the Chicken Ranch that was Texas' finest for generations: clicky

Walt

Thanks, Walt! I appreciate your posting that!;)

Chuck

Heckuva story, Walt! Good read. I thoroughly enjoyed it.B| Didn't they burn-down the last place like that here in Texas?:D

Chuck

Thankyou. Here's the history of the Chicken Ranch that was Texas' finest for generations: clicky

Walt

Got a question: Anybody remember the Burt Reynolds/Dolly Parton movie "The Best Little Whorehouse In Texas"? Was that based on a real whorehouse or was it just made up? I think it was originally a musical made for stage...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Chuck

Walt

Got a question: Anybody remember the Burt Reynolds/Dolly Parton movie "The Best Little Whorehouse In Texas"? Was that based on a real whorehouse or was it just made up? I think it was originally a musical made for stage...

I don't know if you saw the posting from masterrig asking about the fate of the last place like that here in Texas, but here's a link to my response that lincludes a link to the history of the most famous bordello Texas ever had to offer--the Chicken Ranch.

"The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas" was about the Chicken Ranch. It was a Texas institution for generations until an "investigate reporter", hell who am I kidding, a "fucking scumbag" named Marvin Zindler who has infected the good city of Houston for many years, "exposed" the well-known "secret" in La Grange, Texas and got it shut down.

I believe "The Best Litle Whorehouse in Texas" did start off as a Broadway musical that was later made into a movie. Here's a little bit of trivia for you. There is actually a skydiving connection to the movie.

Years ago, the DZ in Austin, Texas (Georgetown also, for a while) was a place owned and operated by Clark Thurmond, called Austin Parachute Center. That's where I learned to skydive. I've you've read Parachutist magazine any time in the past twenty or so years, you've heard of my instructor, Kevin Gibson. He was a fixture at APC for many years.

Anyway, before Clark shut the business down, APC was located at a tiny airport east of Austin called Birdsnest Airport. Like a lot of small DZs airports, it was smack in the middle of a large agricultural area.

It had a HUGE, wide-open landing area and just past the fence at the far end of that landing area was a big white mansion-looking place. Occasionally the victims of a seriously bad spot would land there. I landed there once or twice myself.

That place was where they filmed the movie. Neither Burt Reynolds nor Dolly Parton ever made it over there to make a jump, but that's probably just as well, because that was "back in the day" when students jumped modified military gear--about 40 lbs. worth of round parachutes and harnesses that you could be REALLY damn sure would never fail.

Here's another piece of trivia that is extremely well-known among long-time Texans, but you might not have heard. There is a classic rock song by ZZ Top called "La Grange". It is actually about the Chicken Ranch bordello in La Grange, Texas.

Walt

Many moons ago, when I was young and innocent(hah yeah right) I went to a town festivla with somr friends of mine, I got falling down drunk on cheap draught beer and basicaly was just going with the flow. I followed some friends to a large house in a quiet side street where I was pleasently surprised to find a pool table and a bar in the large living-room.

Some of the people I was with dissapeared for a while with some girls who had been hanging at the bar and came back with wide grins....at this point I still hadent realised what was going on.
Only after I went looking for the toilet did I realise the following: Hey this house has loads of bedrooms and wow they all have double beds in them. BLING!!

Light dawned

I was in a house of ill repute.
well f*ing A the young me thought.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, my visit consisted of hanging at the bar and watching my mates get their jollies, but it was a real eye-opener for me, in a sleepy little South African town was a fully fledged, well appointed Brothel. Talk about a cosmic revalation! In short that was when I realised that almost nothing in the world is ever quite what it seems, if you scratch the surface you had better be prepared to be surprised at what you find.

Now my views of these things are a little different, I have been living in Holland for years now and sex clubs are pretty much normal around here,not to mention the famous window prostitutes. I am one of the lucky ones, I am happily married and even before that I have never needed to pay for services rendered. I still think that it should be legalised everywhere though, men have needs and not all of em are as smooth talking as you need to be in order to get laid...A bordello is a perfect compromise, I think there would be fewer bar fights if the frustrated among us knew they could go next door and let out the tension.
Also legal and regulated prostitution is much better for the women involved, they no longer need to consort with Pimps and other criminals and can take a place in society albeit at the fringe.

my 2 eurocents worth.:ph34r:
*Disclaimer*
The views expressed in the above post may or may not be the result of drunkeness or temporary insanity and should only rarely be construed as the views of the poster himself

(some great stuff deleted)

Now my views of these things are a little different, I have been living in Holland for years now and sex clubs are pretty much normal around here,not to mention the famous window prostitutes. I am one of the lucky ones, I am happily married and even before that I have never needed to pay for services rendered. I still think that it should be legalised everywhere though, men have needs and not all of em are as smooth talking as you need to be in order to get laid...A bordello is a perfect compromise, I think there would be fewer bar fights if the frustrated among us knew they could go next door and let out the tension.
Also legal and regulated prostitution is much better for the women involved, they no longer need to consort with Pimps and other criminals and can take a place in society albeit at the fringe.

my 2 eurocents worth.:ph34r:

men have needs and not all of em are as smooth talking as you need to be in order to get laid...

:D:D:D:D:D If all men were as smooth talking as I am, the birth rate would really go down in a hurry!!!

I don't know if you are a smooth talker, but you are definitely a smooth writer. That was a GREAT post!

BTW, I agree with you all the way on legalizing prostitution.

Walt

Walt

Right up there with throwing a paper plane from the Eiffel Tower, jumping out the ass end of a 727 and seeing Elvis in the Astrodome comes getting laid at the Chicken Ranch !! :S
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com

Walt

Right up there with throwing a paper plane from the Eiffel Tower, jumping out the ass end of a 727 and seeing Elvis in the Astrodome comes getting laid at the Chicken Ranch !! :S

Uh, care to expound on that?

Walt

I still think that it should be legalised everywhere though, men have needs and not all of em are as smooth talking as you need to be in order to get laid...A bordello is a perfect compromise, I think there would be fewer bar fights if the frustrated among us knew they could go next door and let out the tension.

I am of the opinon that prostitution should not only be legal, it should be government subsidized and free to the general public. after all, it's illegal to make you pay for water (city water, not bottled), or air, so why sex?

Walt

Uh, care to expound on that?

Walt

Well, all I'm saying, is there are some things in life you NEVER forget. I have a list of the significant events of my life stashed somewhere, but I'll never be able to share the entire list at one time.

Getting laid at the Chicken Ranch, though, was very similar to your post.

The thing that really bugged me was them selling those little 8 ounce Cokes in glass bottles for 75 cents. >:( (1969 and 1970)

I was in military school at the time and one of few with a ride. B|
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com