kirrz

Domestic flights - Canada?

and its not really a domestic flight anymore, you must have a passport.

It's domestic if you start in Canada and stay in Canada.:P
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

and its not really a domestic flight anymore, you must have a passport.

It's domestic if you start in Canada and stay in Canada.:P

Ahhhh, yes my keen geography skills have again won me notariety! :|

Note to self: read the whole damn post next time.
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

I'm looking them up.. thanks guys!
Has anyone been to the Quebec area?
Would you spend 4 days in Montreal? Or go to Quebec City? Or do something else around that area? I've got about 4 days I want to spend in French speaking Canada & definitely at least a day in Montreal.. whats to do?

Ahhhh, yes my keen geography skills have again won me notariety! :|

Note to self: read the whole damn post next time.

I should confess... a few years back when I was living/working in LA, I had to go to Dallas on a last minute business trip. It was going to bump up against a planned trip to Whistler, so I just got work to pay for LA/Dallas/Vancouver/LA.

Called our travel desk and started to make the arrangements. After we'd planned the Dallas leg the agent said "the next leg?" I said "Vancouver." She said, "Oh, you'll have to book this whole trip through the international desk since it includes Canada."

My response was: "But Canada doesn't count!" ;)

Hey Remster! She wants to know if there is anything to do in Montreal and Quebac City.... can't be much going on in these places is there? Maybe she should come to Calgary instead!
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Anybody know any others?

no... JetsGo used to have some, but they went Belly Up... CanJet doesnt want to run head to head with Air Crapanada....:ph34r:

EDIT: You may want to look into Via Rail http://www.viarail.ca/. It will be alot cheaper and they get you downtown to downtown. Plus, you dont have to show up hours in advance for security/
Remster

Considering the high price for airfares on very short hops, don't forget there are overnight trips on VIA trains and Greyhound buses. DOWNTOWN to DOWNTOWN service, to boot, you save taxi costs from airport, and you save one night of hotel, as long as you're able to sleep sitting up...

In fact, occasionally you save time by going by train nowadays (faster than the plane) when counting holiday delays and security lineups. Not always, but I've seen the train beat the plane sometimes, when transportation/security/taxi/hassles are taken into account. It's only about, what, a 5 hour trip by train downtown to downtown -- that's how long it takes by plane too when including the extra airport hassle time, doesn't it? (Especially when you have to an expensive taxi in rush hour traffic, taking 40 minutes to get to the airport in Toronto)

I miss the days of $99 roundtrips to Toronto from about a decade ago -- including airport fees and taxes. It was much easier to show up at the airport just 20 minutes before departure, and not miss the flight...

I've looked up both flights and trains for the dates I need and because some of the train fares are sold out, they're costing the same at the moment...
There are no overnight trains between Montreal and Toronto so having only 4 days there, its like wasting 10 hours of doing things time....
but GREYHOUND!!! What a good idea!!! I didn't even think of buses! I will look that up now!!!

Thanks!!

I go to Montreal often. Be prepared for cold. We went up there January 6th one year and it was -5 (F) without the wildchill. Quebec City is nice, but better to be experienced during the spring/summer.

You can easily spend 4 days in Montreal - lots to see!

Jen
Arianna Frances

:D

Thought you knew that? My family is scattered around the north east - from Providence, RI (me) up to Prince Edward Island - so I travel up there alot. Montreal is by FAR my favorite place in canada though. I really found Toronto to be pretty boring, where as there is so much history in Montreal you can't really get bored.

French canadian heinz is better than ANY heinz ketchup you'll find in the US. I bought a case last year and when we go back in March I'll have to buy more! Some smoked meat sandwhiches from Lester's Deli in Outremont would be good too... danm it, now I'm hungry! >:(:ph34r:

Jen
Arianna Frances

I hope you know about Schwartz!

Where is it? You're not the first person to mention it and I'd love to try it and compare. We only go to Lester's cause my husband heard about it at an Expo's game one year.

And I meant told us when you were there!

Well, that won't do you much good now, will it? :P

Jen
Arianna Frances

:D

Thought you knew that? My family is scattered around the north east - from Providence, RI (me) up to Prince Edward Island so I travel up there alot. -

next time you make a trip to pei, stop in at moncton on your way through for a jump or 2. :)
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001